3. Scald - Will of the Gods Is Great Power
4. Burzum - Filosofem
5. Dawn - Sorgh på svarte vingar fløgh
6. Sacrilege - Lost In The Beauty You Slay
7. Immolation - Here In After
8. Vinterland - Welcome My Last Chapter
9. Blut aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta I: Fathers of the Icy Age
10. Marduk - Heaven Shall Burn... When We Are Gathered

Great year, especially for melodic BM variants.

10. Marduk - Heaven Shall Burn... When We Are Gathered

Great year, especially for melodic BM variants.

Interesting choice. I've never really bothered with Marduk outside of Panzer Division Marduk which is a chore to sit through and pretty dull. I've heard their early stuff is much better.

Nice to see someone else with FaFtS in the number one spot - the clear winner for this year imo. Hope old wainds doesn't let me down and not have it in the top spot.

Last edited:
Interesting choice. I've never really bothered with Marduk outside of Panzer Division Marduk which is a chore to sit through and pretty dull. I've heard their early stuff is much better.

Nice to see someone else with FaFtS in the number one spot - the clear winner for this year imo. Hope old wainds doesn't let me down and not have it in the top spot.

The first five Marduk albums are all really worth checking out, not much like the absolute chore they put out in Panzer Division Marduk.

FaFtS is possibly my favorite BM album so it was definitely taking the top spot.

Reactions: Phylactery
Kind of surprised at the lack of Aura Noir on these lists, somehow I thought they were rated more highly around here, and that my #10 rating would just be a "I like that band too" when they make the final cut. Looks like they won't even make the double digits. Witchaven is a better band in that style anyway.

I've never really bothered with Marduk outside of Panzer Division Marduk which is a chore to sit through and pretty dull. I've heard their early stuff is much better.

I'm surprised by this, you really need to check out Marduk's first three albums man.

I thought Raped in Their Own Blood is one of your all time favorites? Lol, stupid little fake bitch. You're like the lowest of the low here, i swear. I would honestly spit right in your face in real life.
and he wouldn't do a damn thing. Except maybe call the cops. You should know, you guys are both cut from the same cloth.

Raped in Their Own Blood is one of my favourite Swedeath albums, hence why it's in my top 10 albums of 1996 you dense mongoloid faggot.

Also, no you wouldn't do any of those things. Stick to watching UFC and thinking you're tough, because if you even set foot in Australia you'd probably be glassed, robbed and then sent over to the neighborhood Vietnamese to be chopped up and dumped behind a church somewhere.

Not that anybody in America would even miss you.

think i checked this out years ago, imma give it a go -- dig the simplicity. is there a way to have media library + playlist in the window at one time?

there is a plugin called panels (i think) that can be set to do that

Reactions: rms