1. Dreams of Sanity - Komödia
2. Hexenhaus - Dejavoodoo
3. Nightwish - Angels Fall First
4. Voivod - Phobos
5. The Gathering - Nighttime Birds
6. Grip Inc. - Nemesis
7. Sieges Even - Uneven
8. Fates Warning - A Pleasant Shade of Gray

RYM has it listed as 99 and a few people (including me) voted for it in the 99 poll, but apparently RYM is wrong yet again.

Well it’s a bit different when Dol Guldur already ranked in the top ten for 1996. So I don’t think it should be included here.
then dont vote for it. Just because you guys ranked albums in years they didnt belong doesn't mean they're banned from the year they were originally released.

And i think its funny that you guys voted in an album in the top 10 and didnt even know what year that album really came out in. "ITS ONE OF MY FAVORITE ALBUMS FROM THAT YEAR BUT HOLD ON I ACTUALLY DONT KNOW WHEN IT REALLY CAME OUT" :lol: Poser move.

Hardly our fault when different place have different release dates. But RYM seems to be the least reliable anyway. I mean the Forest album was released in 1997 and RYM has it at 2000. That’s a huge discrepancy. I’m still not sure if Dol Guldur is 96 or 97 anyway.

It looks like no one is sure when it came out.

If you google “Summoning Dul Guldur” you get results with 96 and 97.

I mean they weren’t unheard of because they had already released two albums but who here was mailordering cds from Austria in 1996/1997? Much less, cds themed around LotR 4 years before the first film came out.

Also I dont have a first press cd but the pictures of the original press on Discogs don’t seem to show a year. Maybe someone on a laptop can confirm that. I’m not going to vote for it this year anyway because when I saw it being voted for in 96, I just decided to vote then. This is probably the correct year, but oh well.

discogs said '96 when we did the '96 thread and now says '97 when we're doing the '97 thread. iirc it was just a russian release in '96 though.

It might make sense just to go by the earliest date. If some CD are marked 1997 it could always just be a printing error or a re-issue.

It might make sense just to go by the earliest date. If some CD are marked 1997 it could always just be a printing error or a re-issue.

Or people could just list what they liked from that year and not get their panties all twisted if some tries to prove them wrong or their votes don't make the top 10