GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 2002

Tbh after their debut, Decapitated is fairly maligned in death metal communities that aren’t overly accepting of tech. I like the album and I remember hearing Spheres of Madness in high school and thinking.... FUCK! But I don’t go back to it too often.
I can totally understand that opinion as I too get wary when the music gets too techy for its own good. I just find that Winds of Creation & Nhility get it just right & are both as powerful as one another.

the thing is Decapitated NEVER get/got "too techy" and are one of the easiest to listen to/digest bands that fall under the tech-death umbrella. So yeah, once again krow has no clue as to what the fuck he's talking about.

I never said they were too techy, not sure where you’re getting that. Winds of Creation is the only album most people give a fuck about and this dumb game proves that... right?

Muh alts. Muh In crowd.

78 avg on m-a and 3.47 on rym, it’s below Winds on those sites and their releases start to free fall after that point. It’s not my imagination. It’s also ranked lower on rym than every album on this list other than Arghoslent, which I’m sure is down rated because of white knighting.

I even said I liked the album, you cunt.

Reactions: Manic Ferocity
Winds of Creation is really techy so that’s hardly the problem. Nihility sounds like Meshuggah at times and is part of that awful CGI album art, over-produced, pro-tools style of tech-death that was over-saturated in the early 2000s death metal scene.

~muh in-crowdz, muh altz

Reactions: Master_Yoda77
I never said they were too techy, not sure where you’re getting that. Winds of Creation is the only album most people give a fuck about and this dumb game proves that... right?

Muh alts. Muh In crowd.

78 avg on m-a and 3.47 on rym, it’s below Winds on those sites and their releases start to free fall after that point. It’s not my imagination. It’s also ranked lower on rym than every album on this list other than Arghoslent, which I’m sure is down rated because of white knighting.

clearly i was saying you dont know what you're talking about with your "fairly maligned in death metal communities that aren’t overly accepting of tech" statement, you nitwit. They strayed away from anything that resembles modern tech-death and took a more groovy and simplistic approach in comparison to where the subgenre actually went. They are widely accepted by casuals and plebs who listen to stuff like groove metal and black label society and are actually not so respected in the tech-death community (outside of their earlier work)... so again, you have no clue as to what the fuck you're talking about. Maybe you and manic should stick to talking about deathcore, slam and stuff like mortician instead. Plus they have all the cool-kid covers for manic so he can feel good about what he's listening to. "BUBUBUT I LISTEN TO METALZ FOR MUH ARTTZ" :lol: fucking lames.

BTW Winds of Creation reputation was that people were amazed that 15 year old kids can play at such a high level, not at the fact that it was some super mindblowing technical album. It's actually far from being "overly techy" and still has one foot planted firmly in old school death metal.

What are you even explaining to me dude? Who are you responding to with this? I honestly dont care. Their only album im a huge fan of is Winds of Creation. And i've stated numerous times on how ti shits on the rest of their discog.

Muh alts. Muh In crowd.
Um what? okay fine i'll bite. Let's not forget that you actually had to admit i was right about "muh altz" in the past.

Both bands might be in genres you don't listen to very often, but they're at the top of their respective fields for what it's worth.

"Onward into Battle" and "For Those Who Died with Sword in Hand" would be my two picks for best songs on the album.
oh so it's trad. I dug "for those who died" but thought the other track kind of dragged on and lost me about halfway through. Btw i listen to plenty of trad dude lol. I was expecting some kind of "cult" doom album or something.

Sure it's trad but not like most, it definitely heavily leans towards epic doom metal. Tbh I think you'd like their album My Name Will Live On more than any of the others.