4) Coffins - Buried Death
5) Dead Congregation - Grves of the Archangels
6) Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God
7) Ufomammut - Idolum
8) Bloodbath - The Fathomless Mastery
9) Grave - Dominion VIII
10) Hooded Menace - Fulfill the Curse

HM: Belphegor / Acid Witch / Psycroptic / Dismember / Warbringer

That Cannabis Corpse record is so goddamn good, and I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it. It's always bugged me that they went with the gimmicky parody name and song titles which makes them so easy to dismiss.

1. Arghoslent - Hornets of the Pogrom
2. Ogre - Plague of the Planet
3. In Solitude - In Solitude
4. Hexen - State of Insurgency
5. Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God
6. Warbringer - War Without End
7. Revelation - Release
8. Sylosis - Conclusion of an Age
9. Dystopia - Dystopia
10. Vader - XXV

Last edited:
1. Arghoslent - Hornets of the Pogrom
2. Ogre - Plague of the Planet
3. In Solitude - In Solitude
4. Hexen - Blast Radius
5. Excoriate - Under Pestilent Wings
6. Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God
7. Warbringer - War Without End
8. Revelation - Release
9. Sylosis - Conclusion of an Age
10. Dystopia - Dystopia

Excoriate’s On Pestilent Winds... is a 2009 release.

Christ, this board moves so slowly without @CASSETTEISGOD and Technical Barbarity (can’t tag him so seems his account has been deleted!). I mean these threads used to reach 20+ pages when they were here. Now, weeks in, and we’re on page 3!

I demand someone makes them return! And they were both rather knowledgable about music as well.

That old hag @H.P. Lovecraft also needs to start posting again.

And we need more posts from @Anom@nder Rake and @Manic Ferocity. Both have great taste.

And basically everyone that already posts here needs to post more!

And while I’m making demands, we need more of @Satanstoenail ’s hilarious posts.

Last edited:
1993 is better. But I'm sure you already recognisePure Holocaust as the classic that it is.
'93 sure does offer quite a challenge. It may even be harder to rate due to many different subgenres having superlative albums of their own while thrash kind of dominates 1990.

It was tongue in cheek, because Satanstoenail despises black metal. Except for Mayhem for whatever reason. I’m still unsure why him and HamburgerBoy really love Mayhem but then shit on most other black metal. He probably considers Pure Holocaust one of the worst things ever.

But yeah, after looking more in-depth at 1993 I don’t think we should ever do that year because fucking hell it is going to be impossible to narrow it down to 10! So much great stuff, especially black and death metal.

It was tongue in cheek, because Satanstoenail despises black metal. Except for Mayhem for whatever reason.

But yeah, after looking more in-depth at 1993 I don’t think we should ever do that year because fucking hell it is going to be impossible to narrow it down to 10! So much great stuff, especially black and death metal.

And death doom metal.

Like what? I’m not really into My Dying Bride/Katatonia/Anathema.

I suppose there’s dISEMBOWELMENT, Spina Bifida and Rippikoulu which do rule.

So you don't like the eerie, ethereal blackened death-doom of Dance of December Souls, with the anguished vocals of Jonas Renske? Or the crushing, ominous dirges of Turn Loose the Swans? Clearly that's your loss. Especially since neither of those bands have released anything quite like those two since then.

Even so, there's always Unholy. I haven't yet listened to From the Shadows, so I can't vouch for that particular album, but as I've listened to their other three albums, I can vouch for the band as a whole. They don't sound like any of those six aforementioned bands, and their earlier works were quite deranged.

Reactions: CiG
Even so, there's always Unholy. I haven't yet listened to From the Shadows, so I can't vouch for that particular album, but as I've listened to their other three albums, I can vouch for the band as a whole. They don't sound like any of those six aforementioned bands, and their earlier works were quite deranged.
From the Shadows is just as brilliant as their other albums, if not more. Can't think of anything else that sounds remotely like it. That would probably be my top pick for '93.

1) Meshuggah - ObZen
2) Hexen - State of Insurgency
3) Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain
4) Alestorm - Captain Morgan's Revenge
5) Warbringer - War Without End
6) Bonded by Blood - Feed the Beast
7) Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God
8) Manilla Road - Voyager
9) Tyr - Land
10) Krisiun - Southern Storm

Reactions: -CC-
1. Averse Sefira - Advent Parallax
2. Skelator - Give Me Metal or Give Me Death
3. Faustcoven - Rising from Below the Earth
4. Manilla Road - Voyager
5. Revelation - Release
o.png

Reactions: Phylactery
1. Averse Sefira - Advent Parallax
2. Skelator - Give Me Metal or Give Me Death
3. Faustcoven - Rising from Below the Earth
4. Manilla Road - Voyager
5. Revelation - Release
o.png

Nice list. Are you familiar with Dead Congregation - Graves of the Archangels? Best thing released this year imo.

And what about Arghoslent and Necrovation?

Christ, this board moves so slowly without @CASSETTEISGOD and Technical Barbarity (can’t tag him so seems his account has been deleted!). I mean these threads used to reach 20+ pages when they were here. Now, weeks in, and we’re on page 3!

I demand someone makes them return! And they were both rather knowledgable about music as well.
This is a shitty year though. And most of the 20 pages would have been techbarb conspiracy theorising and dummy spitting.

This year is definitely not shitty! I don't know if you like Immolation/Incantation, but if you do then you'd like the Dead Congregation. "Teeth into Red" is basically the best song from this year.

220638.jpg

Haven't seen this mentioned. Filthy shit.

Last edited: