GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 2017

The shit vocals comment was in reference to Warbringer. Not sure which band has Tardy as the vocalist.

Contrarian edgelord alert.

90s Death has some of the most boring melodies around. If I were to create a program which was to convincingly procedurally generate riffs from a band labeled "progressive", I would pick 90s Death for the ease of doing so. He recycles the same few ideas a hundred times on those albums.

90s Death has some of the most boring melodies around. If I were to create a program which was to convincingly procedurally generate riffs from a band labeled "progressive", I would pick 90s Death for the ease of doing so. He recycles the same few ideas a hundred times on those albums.

Give him a break he had brain cancer.

Almost no overlap between people who voted for Power Trip and Malokarpatan. So it's another out-crowd/in-crowd divide as with Vektor/The Chasm in 2009.

idk i think malokarpatan seems fairly out-crowd approved and power trip seems fairly in-crowd approved, although they both lean the opposite way obvs

I'm an Obsessed fanboy so of course it made my list. I really dig what Dread Sovereign did with that new one and love the ambient parts to it. Much more honed. And honestly I probably would take out that Procession album after giving it a few more listens. Good shit, but that Goatmoon album deserves a spot.

I thought that Malokarpatan was highly overrated. Kinda surprised that White Death or Havrukuunu isn't on this list, as those albums are spectacular.

While I find the Malokarpatan album pretty engaging due to all of the great riffs and unique song ideas, I found the Havrukuunu album to be a solid but pretty typical example of pagan black metal and I think that a lot of the songs drag. I haven't heard the White Death album.

Reactions: CiG
Yeah, that's okay. If the rest of the album isn't way better, it would never wind up anywhere near my top 10.

2. Warbringer - Woe to the Vanquished
3) Warbringer - Woe to the Vanquished
3) Warbringer - Woe to the Vanquished
1 - Warbrigner - Woe to the Vanquished
=9) Woe to the Vanquished by Warbringer*
Waters that once gave life run red...

1000x1000.jpg

"The new Warbringer album is great but not as good as Worlds Torn As Under or Waking Into Nightmares." - @Azerzakos

"Fucking hell!
New Warbringer absolutely blows away the new Havok
" - @Krigloch the Furious

"The new Havok is good too, but yeah the new Warbringer destroys. Pretty impressive considering half the band left and they were considering calling it quits 1-2 years ago." - @Baroque

"easy one of the best modern thrash bands." - @TechnicalBarbarity

Chosen by:
TechnicalBarbarity (#1)*
Dak (#2)
Baroque (#3)
zerostatic (#3)

TOTAL POINTS: 25

Buying this asap and giving it a chance. I really need to start reminding myself to make note of people's lists rather than just focusing on my own tbh. Again, this is why these games rule.

The out-crowd influence strikes again.

@Master_Yoda77 actually in hindsight man I'm kinda surprised you weren't all over Ice War's debut.

Buying this asap and giving it a chance. I really need to start reminding myself to make note of people's lists rather than just focusing on my own tbh. Again, this is why these games rule.

The out-crowd influence strikes again.

@Master_Yoda77 actually in hindsight man I'm kinda surprised you weren't all over Ice War's debut.

I need to buy that Warbringer album too but I'm waiting for the price to drop on Amazon. That's a band I haven't really checked out tbh.