2. Power Trip - Nightmare Logic
3. Locust Leaves - A Subtler Kind of Light
4. Schizoid - Evil Incarnate
5. Droid - Terrestrial Mutations
6. Malokarpatan - Nordkarpatenland
7. Akercocke - Renaissance in Extremis
8. Vulture - The Guillotine
9. Expander - Endless Computer

like lol, I've only listened to the top two and Holocausto more than once and I'm already out of ideas. There are probably another four I haven't heard yet that seem promising, so I guess I'll just listen to those. Would including Sanctuary's Inception be stretching things?

fourth edit

Last edited:
At least I've got the minimum number of albums allowing me to participate (not counting the re-releases of Sacrilege's "Behind the Realms of Madness" and Voivod's "Killing Technology" which wouldn't qualify for this list). I'm not 100% sure about the final ranking. Since the first two got nearly the same amount of spins so far (a bit over 100 each), I might end up putting them both at no. 1.

1. Avatarium - Hurricanes and Halos
2. Bathsheba - Servus
3. Fates Warning - Awaken the Guardian Live
4. Vuur - In This Moment We Are Free - Cities
5. Ice Age - Breaking the Ice

Power Trip beat the fucking pants off every thrash and trad album this year. Warbringer was solid but not even close.

Last edited:
I don't intend on doing a list for this round, because I haven't been checking out very many new releases this year. Perhaps I'll use that time to partake in the Darkthrone album poll. Transilvanian Hunger needs all the love it can get.

I am wondering, though, if anyone will put Chelsea Wolfe on their list.

Oh look, we have a hiveminder. Stay out of any serious threads please. Not that you will, but god you're a hivemind. Hovelmins. Etc. So weak. So small -- Minded.
Me? group think? ME?:lol: can you look at yourself in the mirror and say that?

Anyway, Is that how you speak to the guy who asked you to participate in these threads? Maybe you should just stick to your armchair debates in the social forum since you cant seem to handle any criticism here, ma'am