GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 2017

Nightmare Logic is a strong 7.5/10 or a weak 8/10, haven't decided yet but it's definitely deserving of its hype imo. The production job alone is a kick in the ass of modern metal aesthetics. It sounds massive and hellish.

Reactions: HamburgerBoy
Nightmare Logic is a strong 7.5/10 or a weak 8/10, haven't decided yet but it's definitely deserving of its hype imo. The production job alone is a kick in the ass of modern metal aesthetics. It sounds massive and hellish.

its a 7 or 7.5 and is definitely NOT deserving of all of the praise it gets, which is basically a bunch of 9/10 ratings and reviews.

Did you listen to that Trivium album?

The whole thing? Nope, but I did listen to a few songs. It's Trivium, what can I say.
The combination of clean vocals with brocore gruff shouting still sounds like dogshit to my ears.

On the plus side, it has a really nice production. A good example of how to do crystal clear modern production.

its a 7 or 7.5 and is definitely NOT deserving of all of the praise it gets, which is basically a bunch of 9/10 ratings and reviews.

Ratings are subjective so I won't bother arguing that, but I will say it's been a long time that a band that is genuinely heavy, uncompromising and vicious has broken into some kind of mainstream success.

Me? group think? ME?:lol: can you look at yourself in the mirror and say that?

Anyway, Is that how you speak to the guy who asked you to participate in these threads? Maybe you should just stick to your armchair debates in the social forum since you cant seem to handle any criticism here, ma'am

Ok brosef. I don't recall participating here at your behest but maybe you did make such a request unbeknownst to me. I don't care either way. I recognize good metal where I recognize it, and I come at all metal lacking the prejudice endimic to basically anyone else approaching the genre (s), as I lacked exposure to any popular music until my late teenage years.

Ok brosef. I don't recall participating here at your behest but maybe you did make such a request unbeknownst to me.
Well considering you started participating right after i tagged you and gave me a like for asking you to join us, i'd say you are mistaken.

I recognize good metal where I recognize it
Clearly you don't. We can(and will) help you with that though.

Clearly you don't. We can(and will) help you with that though.

Don't overrate a like.

I don't take my opinions from others. I'm smarter than most people and don't give a shit about the opinions of the mob, even if it is a metal mob. I can separate quality reviews from shit reviews without filtering from the incrowd hivemind.

Reactions: The Ozzman
Don't overrate a like.

I don't take my opinions from others. I'm smarter than most people and don't give a shit about the opinions of the mob, even if it is a metal mob. I can separate quality reviews from shit reviews without filtering from the incrowd hivemind.
... yes, the in-crowd hive-mind that was at work when i said that album is a 3.5/5? :lol:

Don't overrate a like.

Point is you knew, so dont play dumb

You had to kick against the pricks to not say 2.5.
Lol, i hope you're joking. I dont give a fuck what anyone here thinks, you know that.

Oh and btw...
hadwIZy.png