GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 2017

it might make the bottom part of my top 10. It's an album geared towards casuals like dak and such, who seem to be lapping that shit up. Not bad, but definitely far from being special.

I don't think it's fantastic, it's a 3.5 for me (though that might mean something different from you), but it's still very good. You can make some comparisons to classic NYHC and crossover but the full package, even if not "special", is still not generic.

I don't think it's fantastic, it's a 3.5 for me (though that might mean something different from you), but it's still very good. You can make some comparisons to classic NYHC and crossover but the full package, even if not "special", is still not generic.
how in the world is it not generic? And there is no comparison to classic NYHC in any way outside of it being sprinkled with small doses of crossover. I'm no sure we're even talking about the same record here.

I hear the similarities in places, for example (0:38):

Immediately reminded me of this the first time I listened to Nightmare Logic:

That song you posted is not hardcore, it's straight metal. And i agree on the similarities you hear. So once again, i'm saying there's really no hardcore on that Power Trip album. Closest to hardcore it gets are the light tinges of crossover it has.

No it's metal(lic hard)core and I don't agree that is straight metal, it's a metal-influenced hardcore punk genre. But whatever, a pointless debate to have.

For me, the biggest hardcore punk vibe I get from Power Trip is the attitude which is basically 100% in the vocals. Pretty much arbitrary.

No it's metal(lic hard)core and I don't agree that is straight metal, it's a metal-influenced hardcore punk genre. But whatever, a pointless debate to have.
I was specifically talking about the song you posted. which is 100% metal. You dont need to explain to me what metalcore is bro, lol.
For me, the biggest hardcore punk vibe I get from Power Trip is the attitude which is basically 100% in the vocals. Pretty much arbitrary.
I somewhat agree here.

That Earth Crisis song you posted is 100% metal. How are you not following me here?

I disagree and reiterate my earlier point about 90's metalcore being a punk genre, not metal.

So you're saying you hear more punk on that Earth Crisis song than you do metal? :lol: you cant be serious

And metalcore is not strictly a punk genre. It is the bastardchild of metal and punk.