GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 2019

that was probably his finest work. maybe he just found a pic of some twink holding up a sign and photoshopped it lol
not too hard to do tbh. I can have one of my friends hold a sign saying they;re me, the same way you can have one of your butlers or servants holding a sign saying they're you

And btw my post where i quoted all those lists was mainly making fun of you guys for basically circle jerking each other and posting the same shit. The only person i implied was an alt there was Somethingdave

It would at least prove that I am British like I said I am. Unless you are under the impression that I can change my accent at will, which I assure you I cannot. What do you suggest then? Because I’m bored of this at this point. I am not an Omni alt. As I’ve said previously my only interaction with Omni outside of the forum was on Steam. Where we occasionally spoke about video games and sometimes music. You’re so far off base on this that I’m willing to do almost anything at this point to see you admit you were wrong.

i dont want this shit littering up the thrash thread. Here, i'm just going to pretend that you're not omni for the sake of this "interesting" conversation. But what makes you think omni cant pull off a british accent? The lenghts he went to to try and fool everyone here was extraordinary. And its not like i ever talked to him on the phone(although "she" would beg me to record my voice and send it to him so he can tell what kind of "voice type/range" i had, but to no avail... yeah, scary) to know if you two have different voices or what not? These are all things i expect you to know and are pretty much the reasons you are asking for this voice chat or whatever. For all i know you can have some dude with british accent pretending to be you, pretty much like the talos pic thing.

edit: And that whole post from you literally reeks of omni(your perfect little "steam" excuse that you always used, and how you're always "bored with" this person and that person etc). Youre just incapable of pretending to be someone else.

Last edited:
Far from ready to make a list, but here are some albums I plan to relisten/listen to and rank ([EDIT] ranked):

1) Exmortus - Legions of the Undead (EP)
2) Algebra - Pulse?
3) Dream Theater - Distance Over Time
4) Candlemass - The Door to Doom
5) Warchest - Sentenced Since Conception
6) Bestial Invasion - Monomania
7) Ripper - Sensory Stagnation (EP)
8) Memoriam - Requiem for Mankind
9) Trecelence - For I Am the Eyes (EP)
10) Sadistic Ritual - Visionaire of Death

Different, almost metal, awesome, where do I put this:
Leprous - Pitfalls

HM:
Inculter - Fatal Visions
Blood Incantation - Hidden History of the Human Race
Xoth - Interdimensional Invocations
Suicidal Angels - Born of Hate
In Mourning - Garden of Storms
Galaxy - Lost from the Start (EP)

Lots of fun but not super memorable after:
Black Mass - Warlust
Enforced - At the Walls

Good efforts by old guys making a comeback just not quite fresh material in 2020:
Sacred Reich - Awakening
Exumer - Hostile Defiance
Xentrix - Bury the Pain
Acid Reign - The Age of Entitlement
Vulture - Ghastly Waves & Battered Graves

Token spacey stoner doom album:
Robots of the Ancient World - Cosmic Riders

I'd take recommendations of thrash/prog/osdm also

Ok ranked the top 10, this would probably change tomorrow but let it be so, I gotta do other things

that algebra album would've been a HM for me, good shit.

honestly considering putting it #1, it’s unique and a giant step forward for the band, Exmortus’ album is just so tight but it’s a side grade for them, they’ve set their own bar so high it’s hard to top themselves though. I really appreciate Algebra stepping outside the box and not trying to be another Vektor clone or something, they’re becoming their own force

this Leprous album would be high up the list if we consider it metal, I don’t know what they are anymore, but I like it. Progressive rock? They’re like Ozric Tentacles meets Muse now or something

CrispLiquidAcouchi-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: CiG
1. Misthyrming - Algleymi
2. Blood Incantation - Hidden History of the Human Race
3. Critical Defiance - Misconception
4. Fvneral Fvkk - Carnal Confessions
5. Teitanblood - The Baneful Choir
6. Véhémence - Par le sang versé
7. Sinmara - Hvísl stjarnanna
8. Angel Witch - Angel Witch
9. Spirit Adrift - Divided by Darkness
10. Gruzja - Jeszcze nie mamy na was pomysłu

Reactions: CiG
THREE-WAY TIE FOR 10th: 19 POINTS

LEGENDS from BEYOND the GALACTIC TERRORVORTEX
by GLORYHAMMER

Gloryhammer-Legends-From-Beyond-the-Galactic-Terrorvortex-01.jpg
Genre: Symphonic Power Metal

":headbang::kickass: Love this album! A good follow up to Space 1992. Power of the Laser Dragon Fire is a standout track after repeated listens!" - @zerostatic

Voted for by:
@zerostatic (2nd place)
@crimsonfloyd (3rd place)
@Slammed (9th place)

ALGLEYMI
by MISÞYRMING

Misþyrming-algleymi.jpg
Genre: Black Metal

"AotY. Hands fucking down." - @EspaDa

"The biggest letdown of the year, I would say." - @Allfader

"Why so? It isn't that chaotic and venomous as their debut, but it has better riffs and vocals in general. I love the atmosphere on it. Also, a lot of the material on Algleymi was written during the recording sessions for the debut album, which makes the two albums pretty interrelated. 10/10 from me, every track is superb." - @EspaDa

"The production is horrible, vocals also suck and I think the riffs are very inoffensive. It's a mess. It delivers nothing to me." - @Allfader

"I can't help but think you're being facetious. Sorry man, but calling it a "letdown" is an utter exaggeration. I'm afraid you're trying too hard; this album rocks and you'll see it included in many AotY lists. How is the production horrible? Why, according to you, the vocals suck and you dont say so in the context of the debut album? It's basically a more refined approach that's pretty understandable after the chaotic and angular monster of a debut album they released 4 years prior to this. The melodies and hooks are fucking sweet. And addictive may I add. Love the rock 'n' roll vibes." - @EspaDa

"It's just my opinion. Guitars are thin as paper, the mix is weird, especially the drums. The vocals are not the same as the debut. It also sounds way too uplifting for my taste. It reminds me of Drudkh at times." - @Allfader

"That “mispyrming” sounds like an Eluveitie song, folky, uplifting, even similar vocals, I like it!" - @arg

"Ok so it sucks? ;)" - @Onder

Voted for by:
@EspaDa (1st place)
@rms (2nd place)

WINTER ETHEREAL
by ARCH / MATHEOS

2019-ARCH-MATHEOS-COVER-1024x1024.jpg
Genre: Progressive Metal

"The new Arch/Matheos is good too, and thanks in part to shorter song lengths and guest musicians (including Zonder on a couple tracks) I think it's an improvement over the first." - @HamburgerBoy

Voted for by:
@Slayed Necros (3rd place)
@no country for old wainds (5th place)
@Somethingface (6th place)