GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 2019

9th) ZARATHUSTRIAN IMPRESSIONS by POLEMICIST

5d2f5532255ff.jpg
Genre: Melodic Black/Death Metal

"Not heard that one. I’ll give it a shot thanks." - @Phylactery

"the polemicist album was the year’s ANUS darling alongside the mefitis but seems to have gone completely under the radar elsewhere, probably ‘cause of all the pretentious ass nietzschean lyrics lol. you’ll def like it imo." - @no country for old wainds

Voted for by:
@Phylactery (3rd place)
@Somethingface (4th place)
@no country for old wainds (6th place)

TOTAL POINTS: 20

8th) INFERNALE METALLUM MORTIS by INFERNAL CONJURATION

a1727924363_10.jpg
Genre: Death Metal

"Roberto Lizarraga (aka Rotoplas MetalStorm, of Infinitum Obscure) was what I considered a trusted friend of many, many years. He was present at my wedding, and was supposedly my ex husband's best friend. So when he asked me to play drums for a project he was allegedly starting with his buddy Noel Bello (of Infernal Conjuration), it seemed like fun. I found the idea behind the project a bit boring, but I've always found performing music to be inspirational, and it gave me some time to be productive. Someone came along with me to Tijuana the first two times we rehearsed, but when they called me the third time to set up a quick rehearsal, I did not hesitate to go alone. I thought I could trust Roberto. He was a guest at my home many times, and always assured me of his integrity and intent. I thought that if anything happened, then he'd have my back; that he would be the one to step up and protect a friend. But that's not what happened.

We were taking a break from rehearsing, and sat down for a moment to relax. In what seemed like an instant, and before I knew what was happening, someone tried to pull my sweater off, effectively trapping me in it. As I tried to get free, Roberto Lizarraga and Noel Bello coordinated to remove my hiking boots and pants, leaving my mismatched socks on my feet. No matter how much I complained, they would not stop. At one point Noel Bello actually told me to shut the fuck up because his family was sleeping next door. He was worried that his Mom might wake up because he and his buddy were raping a girl in her house, in the room next door.

Since they were both revolting with their roasted chicken shaped bodies, it seems they suddenly grossed out on each other and lost interest. This was a fucking gods-send, but they had already managed to defile me. After it was finally over, they went out for celebration tacos, and I had to watch them stuff their fat faces with food before they finally dropped me off at the border, visibly upset, my hair disheveled. When I pulled Roberto aside to ask him “What the fuck was that? That was not OK!” I can not forget his infuriating response. “Did Bello use a condom?"
- @szilvia

71377_artist.jpeg

Voted for by:
@Anom@nder Rake (2nd place)
@no country for old wainds (3rd place)
@Phylactery (4th place)

TOTAL POINTS: 24

6th) the FURNACES of PALINGENESIA by DEATHSPELL OMEGA

a1229437038_10.jpg
Genre: Avant-garde Black Metal

"Grabs ya and doesn't let go." - @dwellerINTHEdark

"Recently these guys have really started to click with me and this album as well as Fas have been my favourites for when I'm doing some reading." - @CiG

"It's not just unique, well executed, perfectly produced, but the compositions are really well crafted and the lyrics are probably their most inhuman to date. Truly intimidating album without relying on speed to get the job done." - @Allfader

Voted for by:
@Allfader (1st place)
@crimsonfloyd (1st place)
@CiG (5th place)

TOTAL POINTS: 26

5th) TIMES of OBSCENE EVIL and WILD DARING by SMOULDER

a1697428062_10.jpg
Genre: Epic Heavy / Doom Metal

"Is that Smoulder album as glorious as its cover art?" - @Phylactery

"It's solid if you like Trad Doom Metal with a pretty immediate, rousing heroic vibe. Adds nothing new to the genre but does what it does do quite well IMO." - @Somethingface

"Very good epic HM." - @rms

"Definitely taking Smoulder over all the other femtrad stuff from 2019, Sarah has a killer voice." - @CiG

Voted for by:
@Slayed Necros (2nd place)
@rms (3rd place)
@no country for old wainds (7th place)
@Krow (8th place)
@Somethingface (8th place)

TOTAL POINTS: 27

4th) PLANET CLAIRVOYANCE by TOMB MOLD

a0983660702_10.jpg
Genre: Death Metal

"I get neither the love nor the hate for Tomb Mold." - @morguelord

"I think the hate mostly stems from them acting like rock stars at shows. So I’ve been told anyway. They aren’t amazing but they’re solid Finnish death metal worship." - @Manic Ferocity

Voted for by:
@Dazed and Brutal (2nd place)
@Terasophe (2nd place)
@Anom@nder Rake (5th place)
@zerostatic (6th place)
@crimsonfloyd (7th place)
@-CC- (9th place)
@Krow (9th place)

TOTAL POINTS: 37

2nd) HIDDEN HISTORY of the HUMAN RACE by BLOOD INCANTATION

a0485761639_10.jpg
Genre: Progressive / Technical Death Metal

"Liked the new Blood Incantation album a lot more than the debut, little bit more aggressive in places, little bit more spacey too. "Awakening From the Dream of Existence to the Multidimensional Nature of Our Reality (Mirror of the Soul)" is worth the experience alone, fucking amazing track." - @CiG

"The new Blood Incantation was overhyped." - @The Ozzman

"Definitely hyped to fuck, but I gotta be honest it was one of the few hyped albums in recent memory that was actually very good." - @CiG

"New Blood Incantation is probably death metal aoty for me but yeah a lot of good death metal this year. Really got me back in the mood when interest had waned in the past couple years." - @Krow

Voted for by:
@Dazed and Brutal (1st place)
@Krow (1st place)
@CiG (2nd place)
@EspaDa (2nd place)
@rms (4th place)
@-CC- (7th place)
@zerostatic (7th place)
@crimsonfloyd (8th place)

TOTAL POINTS: 56

SIMPLIFIED RESULTS:

1.) Funereal Presence - Achatius
2.) Blood Incantation - Hidden History of the Human Race
3.) Mefitis - Emberdawn
4.) Tomb Mold - Planet Clairvoyance
5.) Smoulder - Times of Obscene Evil and Wild Daring
6.) Deathspell Omega - The Furnaces of Palingenesia
7.) Nile - Vile Nilotic Rites
8.) Infernal Conjuration - Infernale Metallum Mortis
9.) Polemicist - Zarathustrian Impressions
=10.) Arch / Matheos - Winter Ethereal
=10.) Misthyrming - Algleymi
=10.) Gloryhammer – Legends From Beyond The Galactic Terrorvortex

That Mefitis album is pretty good - listening to it now for the first time. May have made my list if I had known about it. Digging that art too - reminds me of the style of Adramelech - Psychostasia and Depravity - Silence of the Centuries. I wonder if it's the same artist?