3. Okja
4. Ingrid Goes West
5. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
6. Swagger of Thieves
7. Downsizing
8. Blade Runner 2049
9. Jigsaw
10. Ghost in the Shell

This is out of 13 I've seen from the year and I don't love any of them (13½ if I count seeing the juicier half of I, Tonya when it was on TV here). It's surprising I've even seen that many.

Reactions: CiG
vlcsnap-2017-10-17-01h34m50s552.png

1. Brawl in Cell Block 99 (S. Craig Zahler)
2. Phantom Thread (Paul Thomas Anderson)
3. The Killing of a Sacred Deer (Yorgos Lanthimos)
4. Outrage Coda (Takeshi Kitano)
5. The Florida Project (Sean Baker)
6. Blade Runner 2049 (Denis Villeneuve)
7. Good Time (Safdie Bros)
8. Ghost in the Shell (Rupert Sanders)
9. Bright (David Ayer)
10. Logan (James Mangold)

I deleted my original list because I had a pile of 2017 films to watch, plus I rewatched some I already listed, so I anticipated some big changes but other than some placement shuffling the fucking list stayed the same anyway... oops. :tickled:

Changed my header photo after Wainds used the same one in his list, what a cunt. :D

Honourable mentions: I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore, Song of Granite, Dayveon, Sweet Virginia, SPL: Paradox, mother!, John Wick: Chapter 2, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.

Maybe I'm just a fanboy but I think Ghost in the Shell was the most underrated (if I'm honest, more like sabotaged by accusations of whitewashing) movie of 2017. Visually it looked cool and just how you'd imagine a Ghost in the Shell adaption should look, ScarJo aside (though I liked her in the role personally) the casting was awesome too. Pilou Asbæk as Batou was perfect in particular, and it really sucks that the toxic minutiae around the film has probably killed any chance that an adaption of Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence will ever exist.

Instead of just making a dogshit action film they actually attempted to ask the same philosophical questions as the source material, without giving us any cheap answers that Hollywood films usually do. Pilou Asbæk would have made a killer lead for the sequel, and he just looked so cool too.

resized_250499-ghost-in-the-shell1_60-22832_t800.JPG

ac90b22f3ff20c90a309e553ec5cfe26.jpg

Last edited:
.:TIED FOR 9th PLACE: 13 POINTS:.

It: Chapter One directed by Andrés Muschietti

35e6bb442aaf0a3ce9697da49f9a654c.jpg

Voted for by:
@Carpe Mortem (3rd place)
@Slammed (6th place)

IMDB
Main cast:

Bill Skarsgård
pennywise-960x540.jpg

Jaeden Martell
it-2017.jpg

The Lego Batman Movie directed by Chris McKay

91tXukOw13L._SL1500_.jpg

Voted for by:
@Slammed (1st place)
@Burkhard (8th place)

IMDB
Main cast:

Will Arnett
legobatmancover.0.jpg

Michael Cera
22a1vthjjkz11.jpg

Rosario Dawson
d37cda17c290ccb732ec1b14d9977e84.jpg

Zach Galifianakis
the-lego-batman-movie-joker.jpg

Reactions: RadicalThrasher
.:TIED FOR 5th PLACE: 19 POINTS:.

The Killing of a Sacred Deer directed by Yorgos Lanthimos

MV5BMjU4NDcwOTA2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjE2OTg4MzI@._V1_.jpg

Voted for by:
@no country for old wainds (2nd place)
@CiG (3rd place)
@Einherjar86 (9th place)

IMDB
Main cast:

Colin Farrell
screen-shot-2017-09-26-at-4-45-30-pm.png

Nicole Kidman
16-killing-of-a-sacred-deer-w1200-h630.jpg

Barry Keoghan
59b04f78016f2d3ace42fbb5_Screen-Shot-2017-09-06-at-3.35.32-PM.png

Raffey Cassidy
vv.jpg

Sunny Suljic
ddvc.jpg

Phantom Thread directed by Paul Thomas Anderson

phantom-thread-2017-04.jpg

Voted for by:
@no country for old wainds (1st place)
@CiG (2nd place)

IMDB
Main cast:

Daniel Day-Lewis
740full-phantom-thread-screenshot.jpg

Vicky Krieps
ed.jpg

Lesley Manville
dfdfd.jpg

Jesus Cig what happened to giving us a few days' warning before ending the poll?
Deadline is February 2nd. If you need an extension just say so and it will absolutely be considered. This is usually just a soft deadline to make sure everybody doesn't become complacent.

^

Also I posted a comment in here yesterday asking if anybody needed time and got no responses.

It was there until literally a minute before I posted the first results, when I deleted it so as to not triple post. If you didn't see it in the 24+ hours it was there, you still wouldn't have seen it in time. If you had some big changes to make to your list I don't mind deleting the results so they can be tallied again, but you'll be doing the tallying and posting of the winners.

Up to you. ;)