3. Porter Wagoner - The Carroll County Accident
4. Mickey Newbury - Looks Like Rain
5. Leo Kottke - 6 & 12 String Guitar
6. Steve Young - Rock Salt and Nails
7. Scott Walker - Scott 4
8. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
9. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Willy and the Poor Boys
10. Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left

Amazing year. Obviously, King Crimson should finish first and anyone who doesn't put In the Court of the Crimson King first is a pleb, but there is a lot of other great stuff from this year.

A plug for Buffy Saint Marie's Illuminations if you haven't heard it. Such an eclectic yet cohesive piece of psych-folk.

I'm thinking about demoting it to second place now. I've always hated Moonchild anyways, though I do love most of the rest.

Red and Discipline are defo tops, but Islands and Lizard come close for me. Still haven't gotten around to hearing Starless & Bible Black though. Poseidon and Construkkktion are the only ones that are actually bad.

I'm thinking about demoting it to second place now. I've always hated Moonchild anyways, though I do love most of the rest.

I can get disliking Moonchild (at least exculding the first three minutes) as it’s weird as fuck. I really love it and think actually has a very unique arc to it. It’s all very dreamy and subconscious feeling.

Reactions: jimmy101
Red and Discipline are defo tops, but Islands and Lizard come close for me. Still haven't gotten around to hearing Starless & Bible Black though. Poseidon and Construkkktion are the only ones that are actually bad.
Nah, Poseidon is awesome! Easily better than Islands/Lizard. Definitely give Starless & Bible Black a listen when you get the chance mate, possibly some of their best work is found there. I always was a huge fan of their 70's trilogy (Starless, Aspic & Red).

I went into Poseidon aware of its sophomore slump/rehash reputation and used all of my contrarian energies to try and contradict that narrative, and I still couldn't manage it. Cat Food is the only song that gives me an urge to revisit the album.

Yeah, the album is notable for following a very close formula to their first LP. Still, Pictures of a City is absolutely outstanding.

Without avtually relistening to them all, I’d rank the first seven as so:

1. Court- masterpiece start to finish A
2. Red- masterpiece start to finish A
3. Islands- masterpiece except for Ladies of the Road A-
4. Lark- Pretty much a masterpiece front to back, but The Talking Drum takes forever to get going A-
5. Lizard- Weird vocals and lyrics, but this one really grew on me over time B+
6. Starless- A little uneven, but most of this is really strong B+
7. Poseidon- Mostly nice retreads, but the last track is trash. Cat Food is killer though. C+

What are your thoughts on Discipline crimsonfloyd? That was their last really good album in my opinion.

I love it, though it is basically a new band. And agreed, it's their last masterpiece. Beat and Three of a Perfect Pair are very hit and miss. Thrak is probably my least favorite, as I almost never listen to it.

ContruKction of Light has some really great tracks on it but has profoundly bad lyrics. The Power to Believe is a little more moderate, but is an enjoyable listen.

1. Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin
2. Coven - Witchcraft Destroys Minds & Reaps Souls
3. Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Trout Mask Replica
4. High Tide - Sea Shanties
5. Marlena Shaw - The Spice of Life
6. Cromagnon - Orgasm
7. Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin II
8. Golden Earring - Eight Miles High
9. Deep Purple - Deep Purple
10. The Stooges - The Stooges

King Crimson album didn't quite make my list but it's decent.

It's amazing that they were actually able to pull this kind of stuff off live. I would recommend this to anyone, this is A1 musicianship.

Reactions: crimsonfloyd
Surprised you can even spell that album title correctly.

He got a pass there because the only word with more than five letters in the title is in his user name.

Guess he could have went “On the Court in the Crimson King” or something.

Reactions: CiG