GNMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 1995

He's not technical at all imo, thats why i said mumbojumbo. But from what i remember the eastcoast fans around here would say that he has the "largest vocabulary" out of any rapper. Which is a ridiculously funny statement imo and pushes what i was implying again

Well having a large vocabulary isn't really the same as being technical imo dunno if you were conflating the two but just saying. Liquid Swords for me comes together so well due to the A+ production job, though it does help that GZA himself is a very solid rhymer.

Well having a large vocabulary isn't really the same as being technical imo dunno if you were conflating the two but just saying. Liquid Swords for me comes together so well due to the A+ production job, though it does help that GZA himself is a very solid rhymer.
No its just that i said he has a large mumbojumbo salad vocabulary and you responded with "but he's not that technical" .. which would mean that you were implying that large vocab = technical. To which i said again i dont agree with again. I never said anything about him being technical

"And got blood on my dick cause I fucked a corpse"

Click the link. :lol:

No its just that i said he has a large mumbojumbo salad vocabulary and you responded with "but he's not that technical" .. which would mean that you were implying that large vocab = technical. To which i said again i dont agree with again.

"Mumbujumbo word salads" to me seemed to imply extra wordy technicality or something. I was more saying that while he might know a lot of words, to me technicality has more to do with bar structure and flow. GZA is very simple with his structures but I think it works for him.

Reactions: Dazed and Brutal
The yearly metal threads and the genre threads take up so much of my music listening time as it is, so I'm just gonna do this off of memory, without re-listening to anything.

1. The Smashing Pumpkins- Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
2. Genius/GZA- Liquid Swords
3. 2Pac- Me Against the World
4. Lisa Gerrard- The Mirror Pool
5. Natalie Merchant- Tigerlily
6. Radiohead- The Bends
7. Raekwon- Only Built for Cuban Linx
8. Ol' Dirty Bastard- Return to the 36 Chambers
9. Jewel- Pieces of You
10. Swans- The Great Annihilator

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
For the thousandth time i implied no such thing. I literally said the opposite.

And again, how in the world does Shyne not sound East Coast when he literally has that New York accent in every word he has ever used

Shyne sounds non-east to me and yeah DMX has some classics for sure.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH"

that's not the album i linked. And there is a clear drop in quality from Its Dark and Hell is Hot, if you had actually heard that album maybe you would've known what im talking about right now. But it's far better than that shitty GZA album, that's for sure.

@CASSETTEISGOD oohhhh is see what had us mixed up. Its when i said the people i know were implying hes a genius because he has a large vocab, aka he sat there and read a dictionary, grabbed a piece of paper and started writing mumbojumbo.

hes better than most of the other cats from Wu-tang, so ill give you guys that

Reactions: CiG
"GZA is one those joke rappers who thinks reading the dictionary and throwing together mumbojumbo salads is skill."

Yeah your original comment came across as if it's what you think of him. I really don't get why others think he's that wordy.

I think he strikes a good balance between saying something intelligent and saying something normal people can understand.

This discussion made me relisten to Liquid Swords. I had completely ignored it for this list, but I don't think I'd re-add it even after this relisten. I love Wu-Tang and consider Enter the 36 Chambers to be one of the greatest hip-hop albums ever crafted (Top 3 easy). However, the solo albums never really hit it with me. Raekwon's and ODB's from this year, and Tical from Method Man are the few exceptions.