GNMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 1995

Tical is solid as fuck! Method is deifnitely my favorite Wu-Tang member. Tical 2000 was pretty good too.

One of my favorite Method Man tracks...

Redman had some good stuff too

"GZA is one those joke rappers who thinks reading the dictionary and throwing together mumbojumbo salads is skill."

Yeah your original comment came across as if it's what you think of him. I really don't get why others think he's that wordy.

I think he strikes a good balance between saying something intelligent and saying something normal people can understand.
It came across as what? That i thought he's technical by saying that i think his flows are mumbojumbo? That literally means that i think he's not skillful or technical and is NOT a good rapper. Maybe you think me saying that he/others think he has skill means that i think he has skill? I'm kind of lost here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dazed and Brutal
Redman had some good stuff too

Love me some Redman.

It came across as what? That i thought he's technical by saying that i think his flows are mumbojumbo? That literally means that i think he's not skillful or technical and is NOT a good rapper. Maybe you think me saying that he/others think he has skill means that i think he has skill? I'm kind of lost here.

Well what I mean is your original comment made it seem like, while you don't think he's technical or skillful, you think that's the gimmick he's failing to accomplish or something.

When it comes to GZA I've noticed there's a dichotomous view of him: he's either a lyrical God that people can't stop praising or he's overrated technically/lyrically. I land more in the middle.

Love me some Redman.
Well what I mean is your original comment made it seem like, while you don't think he's technical or skillful, you think that's the gimmick he's failing to accomplish or something.
His gimmick is "look i can throw random words together" so people think he's technical. Which he is not, because if he was i wouldn't call what he he does a mumbojumbo salad. Some of the best rappers ever have/had large vocabularies, but they actually knew how to use it instead of mishmashing random nonsense together.

It's pretty simple. He thinks he is a technical rapper, his fans think he is a technical rapper. I think he is a joke.

I got 6 for now:

Alice in Chains - Alice in Chains
Cypress Hill - III: Temples of Boom
Onyx - All We Got Iz Us
Chris Issak - Forever Blue
PJ Harvey - To Bring You My Love
Mojave 3 - Ask Me Tomorrow
I guess I haven't heard a lot of 1995 albums. I'm surely missing some good ones, but here's what I got for now:
  1. Alice in Chains - Alice in Chains (not sure if this counts as non-metal, feel free to drop it)
  2. Chemical Brothers - Exit Planet Dust
  3. Autechre - Tri Repetae
  4. The Presidents of the United States of America - The Presidents of the United States of America
  5. The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
  6. Jamiroquai - The Return of the Space Cowboy (doesn't count if you use the original UK release date, feel free to drop it)
  7. Bjork - Post
  8. Frank Klepacki - Command & Conquer soundtrack
I'm gonna use AiC because in the metal thread they'd be frowned upon.

Alice in Chains - Alice in Chains
Sol Invictus - In the Rain
Death in June - Rose Clouds of Holocaust
Gov't Mule - Gov't Mule
Bruce Springsteen - The Ghost of Tom Joad

I really cant come up with more than that.

The yearly metal threads and the genre threads take up so much of my music listening time as it is, so I'm just gonna do this off of memory, without re-listening to anything.

1. The Smashing Pumpkins- Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
2. Genius/GZA- Liquid Swords
3. 2Pac- Me Against the World
4. Natalie Merchant- Tigerlily
5. Radiohead- The Bends
6. Raekwon- Only Built for Cuban Linx
7. Ol' Dirty Bastard- Return to the 36 Chambers
8. Jewel- Pieces of You
9. Swans- The Great Annihilator
10. King Crimson- Thrak

Keep in mind I'm in no rush to end these games, I fully agree that the metal version is priority so take your time and don't hesitate to ask me for extensions etc.

Reactions: crimsonfloyd
Wedged between Kool Keith (top 5 for me) and Aesop Rock, this is cool.

DMX is on the furthest left. :lol:
I guess shouting UUUUUHHHHHHHHH and barking like a dog don't get no respegd.

Also interesting that the furthest right is exclusively east-coast.

So im guessing you havent heard It's Dark and Hell is Hot? Probably not. Maybe he just needs to read the dictionary and start tossing word salads together to get that respect that you're talking about, dem skillz bro. lmao.

Nvm there was all kinds of good rock in 95

1) Smashing Pumpking - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
2) Van Halen - Balance
3) AC/DC - Ballbreaker
4) Michael Jackson - HIStory
5) Green Day - Insomniac
6) Everclear - Sparkle and Fade
7) RHCP - One Hot Minute
8) 311 - s/t
9) Radiohead - The Bends
10) Collective Soul - s/t

commence the lols