God damn! I spend too much money on cds.

I also have an obsession with collecting original cd's. I try to collect cd's that I am sure and positive are worth purchasing/adding to the collection (meaning that the music is quality/exceptional and the cd itself is uncommon/obscure/rare/something you won't be able to find in any local places where they sell cd's). In the past 2 months, I believe I have bought alittle over 20 cd's total online, and it is just now I am considering stopping for awhile. I don't really have anything to suggest as in terms of websites with necessarily cheap prices, but I will name three that I think have good service/delivery time:

www.officialabyssrecords.com
www.rockadrome.com
www.hellsheadbangers.com

By the way, how many original cd's do you guys own? I am only at alittle over 200 (nothing compared to the 1400 mentioned earlier) and a ton of it is based on online purchases from alittle over a year ago (I started this run of consistent online purchasing at about this point of time last year).

(M)aggoT said:
If I was in your shoes IWP I would collect all the money for about a 2 months, then I would select best 30 albums to buy.

Usually that is what I do, unless something comes out that I really want.

if i had the money to buy every album i wanted on a whim i'd have a lot of albums i regretted buying

I don't mind buying cds when setting aside some money. I recently started saving money thinking maybe one day will be able to buy a house even though it's probably not going to happen. Alittle shade of optisimic is okay if you're probably not going to die anytime soon.

If you feel like saving money sometimes Ebay is good. Avoid buying cds for at FYE for 18.99 plus tax also.

Sometimes cds at cduniverse.com can be pretty cheap. I have bought some digi-packs new for 9.95.

Susperia said:
I just lent Dodens another $35 because he again used up all his money on CD's... *sigh.

:lol:

that is so lame. sorry

go for a walk.

I can't afford to buy too many cds. I might have as many as 100, probably less. I've only been buying for about three years. Unless you're getting a lot of cds used or for cheap on ebay, it really adds up. I've probably spent more than $1,000 on cds, which is a fairly substantial amount. Far below what other people spend, I'm sure. I've spent a lot on my drumset, which has cut my cd budget a lot.

Susperia said:
I just lent Dodens another $35 because he again used up all his money on CD's... *sigh.

He asked me ... but I don't have any to spare.

Me going to Canada this summer > Dodens getting cds.

IWP said:
Free shipping?

Shipping is not free. If you order more than one item you will save on shipping though. If you buy cds at a store you pay tax for each item seperate. In order to save 10% at an FYE you have to pay 25 dollars(maybe 35) in advanced. I'm just too cheap to see that as being a deal.

Haha I know, but I really also didn't have the time to go find my bank card for my account number, set up some way to transfer the money, and then do the transfer. I ... just don't have the time :p

The internet is not real and you should not being getting personal enough with someone online to the extent of sending them money. Teachers get payed to tell kids that the internet is not real. If a teacher is telling this to people it's probably for their own good. I did not know that when 13 but very much do now that teachers should be listened too.

STOP IT!!!!

If you are getting very personal with someone online that is negative and negative is wrong. You're a college student so listen to teachers damn it!.

Reactions: Wires & Waves
The internet is real enough for me to be using it as my main means of communication with my girlfriend. (D: @ her living in Alberta, Canada) It was also through the net that we met ...

The net is real enough good sir.

Greys, you're pretty fucking retarded sometimes, considering I also met my girlfriend over the Internet (also, I'll have you know both of our parents know and I stay over her house plenty, and she lives two states away).

Anyway, back on topic...

The Greys said:
The internet is not real and you should not being getting personal enough with someone online to the extent of sending them money. Teachers get payed to tell kids that the internet is not real. If a teacher is telling this to people it's probably for their own good. I did not know that when 13 but very much do now that teachers should be listened too.

STOP IT!!!!

If you are getting very personal with someone online that is negative and negative is wrong. You're a college student so listen to teachers damn it!.

jesus christ you are fucking stupid

You have also seen your girlfriend in person so it's not the samething. The internet is not real.

The Greys said:
You have also seen your girlfriend in person so it's not the samething. The internet is not real.

I have?

I must have suffered a massive concussion to have forgotten something like that.

I talk to her online, use webcams with her, talk on the phone, write letters to her, but I've not once met her in person. This summer though ... I will :)

Mort Divine said:
I have?

I must have suffered a massive concussion to have forgotten something like that.

I talk to her online, use webcams with her, talk on the phone, write letters to her, but I've not once met her in person. This summer though ... I will :)

hahahahahaha dude you cant call her your girlfriend until youve met her in real life at least