pagan2002

danny cavanagh
Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
allah, god, jehovah..?
no chance....

wot you recon?
k7686.gif

Anais Nin wrote "when we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow." and i believe she's not far from the truth.

i agree, doesnt exist in any religion for me, and i have doubts as to believe that this law may be the right law, i'm here to survive for as long as i can, and if i fuck up along the way, well so be it, such is life but im not gonna try perfecting it just cause one says so

dont really have a point just wanted to start a discussion. it sems no one is interested though as its already bloody obvious to most of us anyway

Just a question of curiosity, how many of you have bothered to actually study the religious texts(Bible, Quran, and/or Torah)? I think that alot of conceptions, or misconceptions about religion, is because most people dont actually read the books, they just aprehend it and "learn" about it through a secondary source. I, for one, am not a believer in monotheistic religions either.(I think that eastern religions are far more advanced). But, I do think that it is essential to read the original texts....

Achernar said:
Most religions in modern/developed countries will vanish in 20/30 years I guess...
I think that estimate is far off...It will take centuries...but, I honestly dont think the world will last many more centuries(perhaps even decades) anyway.

Achernar said:
Most religions in modern/developed countries will vanish in 20/30 years I guess...
and we're fucked if it does. not that it will happen, we'll just leave it the extremist nutters to take over religion, great. a new dark ages.

Belief in divinty is as much a part of the human animal as any other .why do you think every single civilisation in history worshipped god/gods?? Theres actually a theory that the reason they did is because its a form of natural selection, an evolutionary trait. the primitive societies that had a concept of divinty survived and evolved, those that didnt fell by the wayside.

"Man is born to believe and if no church comes forward.... to guide him, he will will find altars and idols in hos own heart and his own imagination" as some dead fella said

personally i believe in the big man but that dont matter :tickled:

hawking.jpg

"He [the pope] told us that it was all right to study the evolution
of the universe after the big bang, but we should not inquire
into the big bang itself because that was the moment of Creation
and therefore the work of God. I was glad then
that he did not know the subject of the talk
I had just given at the conference - the possibility
that space-time was finite but had no boundary, which means that it
had no beginning, no moment of Creation. I had no desire to share the fate of
Galileo, with whom I feel a strong sense of identity, partly because of
the coincidence of having been born exactly 300 years after his death!"

i don't believe in god... it is just imagination of some people who thought that aw miracles and than all people believed in it... some people just have to believe in sth to have the reason to live and explain some things...