Gonna be fighting my best friend soon

He said gloves and boxing rules. No mention of a ring, but that's not really a safety precaution.

I just can't agree with that mentality. Like, I want to go snowboarding, but i'm not a professional and might get hurt, so I'll just stay home and live in my cave, safe from the world.

Yes you stay home and live in your cave. Snowboarding, as isn't boxing, isn't just something you go and do. If you just go and do them, you're more than likely going to permanently damage yourself. You take lessons, learn from someone, train the technique, anything, but this guy was asking how he could gain strength.

But you have to make your drivers license before operating a car. And if you want to become a professional boxer, you'd have to get a license and therefore have to be professionally trained.

This is just a stupid street brawl.

Force666 & Sopulurn are the exact reason this was a bad idea for you and your boy to try fighting each other ....

these 2 start with the best intentions discussing you and your boy fighting each other .... and end up arguing themselves :D

See how quickly shit can go south?

Yes you stay home and live in your cave. Snowboarding, as isn't boxing, isn't just something you go and do. If you just go and do them, you're more than likely going to permanently damage yourself. You take lessons, learn from someone, train the technique, anything, but this guy was asking how he could gain strength.

Dude, seriously, obviously we're not going to agree. But, from what you just said you must live a very contrived, boring life. I find it strangely peculiar that a dude/dudes on a metal forum would have the same mentality about stuff as my 60+ yr old mom.

You should stop taking showers. You're not a professionally trained showerer, and you might slip and hurt yourself and cause permanant damage.
:lol:

What your saying really makes very little sense... what they want to do is not boxing... it's two clueless morons in boxing outfits beating each other up. That way you just ask for trouble.

What's essential to actual boxing is not only how you place the best hits on your opponent but also how you avoid being hurt.

What's essential to actual boxing is not only how you place the best hits on your opponent but also how you avoid being hurt.

not really disagreeing with you but really just as the essential for people who don't know how to box or fight in general is not just how to avoid being hit, its how to not break your pussy wrist by not knowing how to properly fight

I would add hands in there but with gloves on the risk is minimal

Dude, seriously, obviously we're not going to agree. But, from what you just said you must live a very contrived, boring life. I find it strangely peculiar that a dude/dudes on a metal forum would have the same mentality about stuff as my 60+ yr old mom.

You should stop taking showers. You're not a professionally trained showerer, and you might slip and hurt yourself and cause permanant damage.

My life isn't boring, I actually very much enjoy it, thank you. I just have a healthy sense of self-defense. If I'm boring as hell because of that, then you must be a fucking ninja commando dragon or something. :lol:

Anyway, let's just stop this, it's going nowhere.

not really disagreeing with you but really just as the essential for people who don't know how to box or fight in general is not just how to avoid being hit, its how to not break your pussy wrist by not knowing how to properly fight

I would add hands in there but with gloves on the risk is minimal

Yeah Carlos, I was thinking about that too when I made that generalization of "not being hurt".

Really? Doesn't seem to hard to understand. :loco: People do things without being professional all the time. How does one become a "professional boxer" without boxing unprofessionaly first.

By going through years and years of sparring using protective gear.
THEN you go in to the amateur league(After going through healthtests before getting your ME3 card.), still using protective gear when fighting, where a match consists of 4 2-minute rounds that are under strict supervision by professional boxers AND with a medical team standing by.
If you do well in the amateur league, and have your own manager, then you may apply for a boxing license, which allows you to fight in the professional leagues.
IF you get caught boxing without protective gear without a boxing license, you will be banned for life.. so yeah, its real easy becoming a professional boxer, you just have to fight'n'stuff.. ;)

By going through years and years of sparring using protective gear.
THEN you go in to the amateur league(After going through healthtests before getting your ME3 card.), still using protective gear when fighting, where a match consists of 4 2-minute rounds that are under strict supervision by professional boxers AND with a medical team standing by.
If you do well in the amateur league, and have your own manager, then you may apply for a boxing license, which allows you to fight in the professional leagues.
IF you get caught boxing without protective gear without a boxing license, you will be banned for life.. so yeah, its real easy becoming a professional boxer, you just have to fight'n'stuff.. ;)

My MAN !!!!
denzel_intro.jpg

Its very fair to compare hitting someone in the face as hard as you can and standing on a board in the snow....
Seriously though, if you just want to hit the slopes one day without training properly, be my guest.. but dont come ask for help when your bones are poking through your skin. ;)

If the kid wants to learn to properly box , great for him , but without proper training he could seriously hurt himself or the other kid. There's a fine line between being a tough guy and being a complete fucking moron. It's supposed to be about fitness and discipline , not testosterone and idiocy.