Good American Metal... Really

arch_enemy666

I Wanna Rock!
Sep 14, 2003
California
Visit site
I have seen alot of talk about how America has no more good metal bands. Well I beg to differ, I live in California and here in the Bay Area there are some good ass bands espeacialy Osmium these guys are fucking great so check them out and the bands in thier link section. :headbang:

The Black Dahlia Murder is a good American band.

I like them.

What about Vehemence, Killswitch Engage, Unearth, Shadows Fall, Leviathan, Absu, and Fragments of Unbecoming?

The US has a stack of bands that I'd claim are good, in a variety of genres too. Plenty of death metal (the whole Florida scene, for starters), black metal (Xasthur, Leviathan, Weakling...), doom (While Heaven Wept, Morgion...), thrash (Death Angel, Slayer of course...), the thrashy/power stuff like Nevermore and Iced Earth. And of course, these "NWOAHM" bands like God Forbid etc (although personally, I'm not interested in this, but there are plenty of people who'd call it good). It would be pretty ignorant to say that there's nothing in America.

Yeah, well, everyone nows the good older bands are from here. I assumed this thread was about new American bands.

Everlost said:
But it wouldn't be ignorant saying that America has a relatively small amount of good bands.

Agreed. Particularly at the moment, the American metal scene is largelly redundant and second-rate (Outsider's perspective - If there are any Americans here who can prove otherwise, I'm all ears). It's amazing that with such a massive population and so many bands that so few of them have any worth.

Especially black metal. Americans just don't get it.

I'm moving for a USBM revisionism which removes the ideological trappigns of BM and fuses it with jazz and/or country-western. In a strictly non-sucky way. Only then will USBM be a true representation of Americanized Juedo-Christian liberalism and use American folk influences to imbue a sense of purely American nationalism.

anonymousnick2001 said:
I'm moving for a USBM revisionism which removes the ideological trappigns of BM and fuses it with jazz and/or country-western. In a strictly non-sucky way. Only then will USBM be a true representation of Americanized Juedo-Christian liberalism and use American folk influences to imbue a sense of purely American nationalism.

I never thought of it before, but now that you've said it, I completely agree.

Donnie Darko, if you're going to use an Ihsahn quote in your signature, at least spell his name right.

nick, Good luck getting your average black metaller to go in for something pro-Judeo-Christian liberalism.