good emo (Luminous Aether are you out there)

kollex

Autistic Superstar
Oct 16, 2002
somewhere
www.maxpages.com
just got into this genre with bands like Funeral for a friend, the paper chase, far and My Chemical Romance. any other bands in this vain ? (no one better recommend Jimmy Eats world as they are the Travis of emo)

Death Prophet said:
this is just my opinion, but i think emo is the most horrible genre of music ever.

I agree. All the bands look alike and are full of whining, pussy whipped kids that seem to care more about there image then the actual music itself. Utter shite!

sikth said:
I agree. All the bands look alike and are full of whining, pussy whipped kids that seem to care more about there image then the actual music itself. Utter shite!
quite ironic coming from someone calling themselves "Sikth" hating emo

Sikth claim to be art metal..

Personally I dont give a shit if they look the same cos image doesnt affect the music?
Have a Listen to

Autumn to ashes
A static Lullaby
Further Seems Forever
Atreyu
Coheed and Cambria

It's several years and a genre or two removed from the screamy metalcore of today, but check out Sunny Day Real Estate's "How It Feels To Be Something On". Probably my favourite album period. And try The Appleseed Cast's "Mare Vitalis" as well.

i love these bands...
joshua fits for battle
amber inn
alexisonfire
swing kids
fairweather
beloved
a static lullaby
jairus
amanda woodward
small brown bike
etc...:D

Don't listen to Further Seems Forever, From Autumn to Ashes or Coheed and Cambria.

for real emo check out:
-The Weakerthans
-Sunny Day Real Estate
-Jets to Brazil
-Jawbreaker