Good luck to Belgium

Originally posted by Eclipse
yeah, thank god, this time we have to play against Brasil. At least we won't have the humiliation of losing against a football dwarf like Turkey again ;) :p:cool:

yeah, don't let the dwarves smash the poor goblins :) :D :lol:

The funny #1 is that we lost 0-6 to the SOviet union in the group stage. If it had been 0-5 only, we would have advanced from the group! :eek: :err:

Funny thing #2: In 1982 Hungary was ranked #1 in Europe after thrashing half Europe in the qualifiers and friendlies. The latter includes an easy 3-0 against Brazil :D Not to forget Videoton's UEFA Cup silver a year before :)

Funny thing #3: Belgium got to the semi finals :heh:
;)

Brazil are going to have to give Belgium a lot of respect. We've seen what happens to the arrogant teams... Argentina...France...

Being and England supporter, I would rather England faced Brazil than Belgium. Belgium are a much sturdier team, Brazil are a bunch of fairies.

Belgium could win against England on a good day, but I'm afraind not against Brasil. Our defence is our weak point, and especially against class talents like Ronaldo, we are chanceless.

I do wonder if Belgium will play an open match, or will play its typical defensive strategy.

Nevertheless, the victory against Russia did wonders for our country and our team. The last 5 WC matches were a draw.
We haven't lost on a WC since 6 matches, 2 cups (against Germany)

I wouldn't call that a shitty defence.
It has its weaknesses of course. Like, against an easy opponent like Costa Rica or China the defenders rush up the field to score a goal rather than concentrate on their jobs.
I'm sure they won't make these kind of mistakes from now on.
I also think that Robi Carlos and Cafú will put double or triple effort in their defending duties. That makes 5 defenders instead of the 3 (Edmílson, Roque Junior and Lucio) so far.

I hope it will be a goodopen game against Belgium.

And I hope Mills will stay in the England starting 11, so we will win that game too :D

Originally posted by Eclipse
yeah, thank god, this time we have to play against Brasil. At least we won't have the humiliation of losing against a football dwarf like Turkey again ;) :p:cool:

So how come that football dwarf rests right on top of your head in the FIFA world rankings? :)
First Ivi, and now Jan... People seem to suffer too much difficulty in speaking of reality. Avoiding the truth does not make it a lie. And we have a Turkish word that perfectly describes the likes of you two: EZIK! Unfortunately, the word cannot be translated into English :cry: :D

Originally posted by Evilho
aww :)

Umy: Now what the hell is FIFA rankings good for? Top 3 gets candies? Honestly! :err:
I know a good English word describing it: NOTHING :lol: :lol:
It is good for being the lead coefficients for the qualifiers to international tournaments

Nahhh.
If Tonga (or Finland) plays a friendly against American Samoa every day and wins each game, they'll find themselves on the #1 spot.
If you are careful enough to avoid world class teams in friendlies, you can jump 20 spots a years no problem.
You know, it's not objective. Most of the times you can't compare the games it is based on.

ps: why don't you participate in the Hattrick thread? :p

Ivi, my frustrating friend, ;)

FIFA rankings are good for prestige, if not for candies. They are totally objective, and the friendlies count as next to nothing. If friendlies had the slightest of influences, Turkey would have been ranked as 67th. But wait, no European team would rank that low now, would it? :D

Anyway, let's stick to your "individually-objective" ranking and say Hungary rules, after all there seems to be no other way out of it :mad: :p

Originally posted by Evilho
Well you're wrong there Umy, friendlies do count.

...not to the extent of jumping 20 spots a year, my friend.
They do count, but have less than a slight dose of influence on the ranking.