Good metal songs to play on bass? (beginner)

jakethedog

Aug 3, 2013
Fellow metalheads,

I recently started playing bass, and I'm wondering if there's any metal (or non-metal) songs that have relatively simple bass lines that I could start out with? I'm having some difficulty translating my lifelong love of music to actually playing/creating it. Keeping an open mind here, any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, and rock on \m/

edge of darkness - carcass (although there's no tabs, u'll need to figure it out)
ghost of perdition - opeth
blackwater park - opeth

any necrophagist song :D

im not a bassist, just naming some songs on which i love the bass line :)

Primus. I know it's more rock/experimental than metal but every bassist I know seems to love playing them.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'm gonna look them all up and try them out! :headbang:

If anyone else has ideas, keep posting 'em.

Mann gegen Mann - Rammstein
Rosenrot - Rammstein
many stuff from six feet under
Equilibrium
Debauchery
Ektomorf
the most just depends on which tuning you play. i practice with these bands myself,bass tabs would be recommendable, but maybe you can hear/figure out how single parts are played. have fun ;)

When did you begin to play bass? I don't know your level, but you can try to play some Rammstein songs, they are easy to hear in the records and also easy to play. If you are a Black-Sabbath fan, you'll enjoy too much while you play Iron Man, that's very easy.
Good luck and keep calm!