Got Twilight in Olympus today

I actually prefer Walling's original drum tracks to those what Jason plays live on songs Church Of The Machine & Through The Looking Glass. And I'm now comparing with LOTEOF-versions.

zakk_hate_me_666 said:
smoke and mirrors isnt as good with rullo cause he doesnt do the fast as hell double bass parts like walling. you know : "walkin dead we arrrrrrrrrrrr dududuh dududu dudududud"

Speed-wise Rullo is not as good, but otherwise Rullo>>>>>>>>>>Walling.

I think it's a very positive reflection on Tom Walling that everytime TiO is mentioned, it's almost expected that he becomes an integral feature of the topic:)

DoktorShred said:
The intro is extremely similar to surrounded. Not that i mind

It's just the first notes that are similar, after the bass enters the similarities are gone. And actually the pattern is pretty common in prog music so I bet many else have used it too.

as i posted in another thread, who really cares about the riff ripping off thing, every band has stolen a riff or 2 as there is no original riffs really. its all about interpertation, i mean ya they also did the mirror sounding riff on V but it works so who cares? and DT surely has a few tool sounding riffs, but i think its cool to see someone else's take on a similar sound. but thats me

The riff at the 1:23 mark of The Death of Balance/Lacrymosa. That's exactly what I thought when I first heard it. Sounds a bit familiar...yet, it works well within the context of the song.

By the way, I absolutely love this song, especially the part where they incorporate the piece from Mozart's Requiem, and the rhythmic-based jam around the beginning. :headbang: