Graspop

Looks like it was about the same setlist as the one they played at Fields Of Rock, great list but it's a shame they didn't include more old stuff

Yeah, I guess you're right, we'll probably only get Victorious March and stuff from Versus The World as far as old-ish stuff goes from now on :/

My loot from graspop

Shot at 2007-06-27

The illegible writing on the white shirt says

'Cattle die, kinsmen die
One's self must also die
but there is one thing that never
dies
Amon Amarth'

Edit: Oh and I forgot to tell you guys this at the booth, but you can totally use that for the next Merch :p

I'm still pretty much happy about the setlist - mostly bacause I did not expect them to play "Where silent gods..." - and the thing about old stuff, why should those days be over? Last tour (hamburgshow) it was only crusher there was nothing played from, as well as I remember...

Festivals normally only give bands around an hour to play, unless they are headlining. It's a little silly to get dissapointed because of that... :erk:

"Cattle die, kinsmen die
One's self must also die
but there is one thing that never
dies
Amon Amarth"

That is so cool :D It's from Håvamål. Håvamål means "speach of the high one" or something like that. It's Odin's words to mankind, it's simple "rules" on how to live a good life.

I'm still pretty much happy about the setlist - mostly bacause I did not expect them to play "Where silent gods..." - and the thing about old stuff, why should those days be over? Last tour (hamburgshow) it was only crusher there was nothing played from, as well as I remember...

Festivals normally only give bands around an hour to play, unless they are headlining. It's a little silly to get dissapointed because of that... :erk:

It's too bad because if the band had the fame they have now five or six years ago, they could've headlined on a Friday or something probably

I was at GMM aswell. Took fucking 18 h to drive from Sweden and thanks to all the construction along the Autobahns (highways for those of you that doesn't know) it took 23 h to get back home!

Anyways - great line up at this festival! But what the fuck's wrong with the Belgium audience?! At Dimmu Borgir and Amon Amarth it was total madness in the audience, but for example at Iron Maiden, Ozzy, Slayer etc is was so fucking lame it was embarrassing! I had no problem at all to just walk all the way into the pit at Maiden. I got like 10 meters from the stage without even having to use my arms.

The battery in my digital camera unfortunatly decieded it was a great idea to check out in the middle of the AA gig.

Here's one of the few (and not that good) pics I got at the gig. It's taken during Where Silent Gods Stand Guard. There were two persons from the Jomsvikings at each end of the stage illustrating the silent gods standing guard. Looked pretty fuckin' cool!

http://img45.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=03045_CIMG6495_122_769lo.JPG

Here's a video aswell. The battery died at the end of this videoclip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAKIOVbnQcw

I'm gonna upload a few other videos from the festival when I have the time so please, check it out! I've got a few AA-clips uploaded from earlier gigs aswell.

SKÅL!

I was also at Graspop and enjoyed it very much. An AA show is never disapointing.
I also got a funny poster signed...well it became funny after Olli made Ted look like a woman! I thought the band members seemed so serious and sober...and seemed a bit scared to talk? Or maybe they were just scared of me in my big leather jacket.(just kidding) Only Johan H talked a little.
...it was a might good sunday!! Or maybe a little too much of Finnish folk metal.

I was also at Graspop and enjoyed it very much. An AA show is never disapointing.
I also got a funny poster signed...well it became funny after Olli made Ted look like a woman! I thought the band members seemed so serious and sober...and seemed a bit scared to talk? Or maybe they were just scared of me in my big leather jacket.(just kidding) Only Johan H talked a little.
...it was a might good sunday!! Or maybe a little too much of Finnish folk metal.
Oh, well, HELLO!!! Just when I was starting to think Metal Devi dropped off the face of Midgard...where have you been? Hope all is good, nice to see you again!

Naw i just kept screaming my luns out :lol: I fucking lost my voice, and the feeling in me arms :p

LOL I did too, I blew my throat out after shouting along to AA's set with my guitarist and drummer. I couldn't give a toss about Maiden, Ozzy or Aerosmith - AA headlined Graspop for me this year :kickass:

Korpiklaani were great, Turisas we also a band of the weekend, Korn were surprisingly good (I'd written them off years ago and so ain't seen or heard them for ages) as was Chris Cornell and a few other bands. It's a shame at a festival that a lot of Black Metal bands have a sound that's pretty tough to get right live, especially in a tent...I didn't enjoy 1349 or Dimmu really as I couldn't make out anything over their fuzz o_O

I fucking hated Korn, i didnt mind them, hell actually liked them a few years ago, when they were a real band.. now with all those random guys on stage doing basicly nothing, hitting a drum once in a while or singing 1 backing line.. Its just lame

I get my Graspop pics finnished now ... Enjoy...

The rest of the photoshoot can be found on http://www.llphoto.dk

http://www.lunah.dk//indl/AA/graspop/aa1.jpg

aa1.jpg

aa2.jpg

aa3.jpg

aa4.jpg

aa5.jpg

aa6.jpg