Great 2 band live combos, you decide

(__Joonas__)

† Followed the Reaper †
Mar 23, 2005
Finland
So, let's say you have two bands touring together with equal hierarchy. What kind of interesting combinations can you come up with? Bands that would look to impress a new sector of people as potential fans. Not too different, not too similar. What could work, what would you like to see...

Such as...

Hypocrisy - Swallow the Sun (Both can be considered intelligent, quite deep and creative, melodic... tempo is different.)

Children of Bodom - Cradle of Filth (Both raise lots of love and lots of hate due to vocals. Both fast, melodic and intensely creative.)

Ensiferum - Amon Amarth (Both focus on ancient Skandinavian themes, other is more folkish, happy, and other more intense.)

Malevolentia - Dark Fortress (Great new band still unknown, another more known band with potential, similar vibes.)

Just discuss something for fuck's sake! This place is dead.

I'd like to see Mortician - Esoteric. Other is more gore, other psychedelic, but similarly brutal, grunting and sick.

Actually all those are good ideas, but there's not a lot of co-headlining tours out there right now with two equally big bands or at least almost. Thumbs up for the idea, but I can't see it happening unless you get a job as a booking manager/head of booking firm.

Well, this is not possible, but imagine Wintersun, Ensiferum and Norther tour, with Jari and Petri sharing stage for old Ensiferum stuff. That would be kick ass. :)

You see the metal community can get quite bitchy for almost no reason (because metal community is mostly kids halfway through puberty). I'd love to see Cannibal Corpse and Bodom touring together but I imagine many would go "they're posers and not metal" vs "they're stupid and not music" and shit

You see the metal community can get quite bitchy for almost no reason (because metal community is mostly kids halfway through puberty). I'd love to see Cannibal Corpse and Bodom touring together but I imagine many would go "they're posers and not metal" vs "they're stupid and not music" and shit
They toured together in 2009. Cannibal Corpse was opening for Bodom. And yes, reactions where as you can imagine. From both sides.

^ They also played one gig together in Poland, june 2012.

Despite all the critic and stuff, Bodom's audience was bigger.

But seriously, it was one of the best concerts i've ever seen.
Additional value was beginnig of the summer holidays xd

My last concert with Bodom was in 2009 with Cannibal Corpse, both rocked, but Im so tierd of seeing Bodom live. Not much new to that plate. Always best of + 2 new songs.

It is really weird, why they have to every time play HCDR when they could play something like Taste of My Scythe instead... I think 99% of the crowd would rather see that happen. It's just laziness and over-concervatism tbh. Maybe they believe they need to play the best-of list always to stay at the pinnacle of touring metal bands, but there's no excuse to not including at least ONE really surprising old song. They even stopped playing Warheart although it was a killer track and even opened the gigs. They only see the reaction of the drunk teenager fans at the front, but it would do no harm to play some more nostalgic stuff for surprise. They could include songs like Taste of My Scythe, Red Light in My Eyes pt 1 (with altered vocals), Hatebreeder, Black Widow, Northern Comfort, Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood, Knuckleduster, Punch Me I Bleed... just try it out, with an introduction... it would make the audience mad.

Strangely enough they just announced COB will open for Metallica next July.

This is gonna be good... they'll shit all over gay Metallica's wannabe metal shit with the melodic death wizardry. If only Bodom had clear vocals, it would mean dethroning them from the most famous metal band pedestal. But it's better to make them notice melodic death metal can be somehow just miles more amazing.

Strangely enough they just announced COB will open for Metallica next July.

This is gonna be good... they'll shit all over gay Metallica's wannabe metal shit with the melodic death wizardry. If only Bodom had clear vocals, it would mean dethroning them from the most famous metal band pedestal. But it's better to make them notice melodic death metal can be somehow just miles more amazing.

Two of the world's sloppiest live bands together.

Hetfield is kinda very tight with a rhythm guitar i've heard, but the other guy is legendary for not being able to play a note straight lol

made me laugh way harder than it should've, mostly because of the goofiness of that melody. Later on i discovered that it was just the proper tab mirrored horizontally

Last edited by a moderator:
When opening for Metallica, COB should maybe include songs like ADK, Shovel Knockout, Sixpounder, AYDY etc that are closer to the Metallica frequency, to appeal to the fans.