Great metal amp for recording?

you should check out the tones ive been getting with my 8080head at the moment :headbang:

I'd like to hear it! It might help me pull the trigger on buying one :headbang:

The only Valvestate tone I know of is Death's albums - IMO music, awesome; tone...not so much :ill:

Have you listened to Perseverance? I think the tone on it is pretty awesome!

But Symbolic and before :puke:

Don't get me wrong, I love Individual Thought Patterns as much as the other guy, but you're right about that tone.

Nah, I'm really not a fan of the Perseverance tone either; very harsh, scooped, and a bit squelchy to my ears :erk: In fact I might actually like the Symbolic one a bit better! :D But the music is so awesome that I'm hardly one to care :headbang:

That album sounds great.

I think I remember reading somewhere many years ago that Papa Roach recorded a whole album with a Marshall AVT combo of some sort...so yeh...just thought I'd chuck that out there for no reason...

Oh yeah, I wasn't talking about the tone on that album (in fact, I'd probably prefer it to the Death one :loco: ), I just really don't like Hatebreed :D

Nah, I'm really not a fan of the Perseverance tone either; very harsh, scooped, and a bit squelchy to my ears :erk: In fact I might actually like the Symbolic one a bit better! :D But the music is so awesome that I'm hardly one to care :headbang:

:OMG:

Listen to Bite The Pain, so much miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiids

But to everyone else, yes it's an amazing mix.

Those mids are in the lead tone, not in the rhythm ;)

EDIT: However, I guess it's not overly scooped, just has this horrid scratchy harsh sound that makes my ears scream for mercy - I mean, I guess it fits, but I could never call it a tone I actually "like"

Those mids are in the lead tone, not in the rhythm ;)

Ah, word.

I always preferred the mix on Symbolic, and I fucking love the lead section on the title track!

Perseverance just feels so much huger to me. It may sound weird, but it sounds like very little EQ was used on it, just great tracking. I've been trying to figure out what studio it was recorded in, but I can't find the info anywhere! If anyone has the actual CD with the booklet, I'd appreciate the notes!

dual recs and modded 5150s are the tits. i still don't understand what the powerball is all about when it comes to studio use.