Greatest Death Metal Release (no bullshit 'top ten' lists!)

Again, no one asked for your favorite album: the question revolved around GREATNESS.

Heartwork is comparable to Slaughter of the Soul, which is to say that it share far more in common with the more commercial end of the speed metal spectrum than with death metal.

He can say whatever he wants: it doesn't make it so. You can give it a catchy name, but Opeth is not and never was death metal of any sort.

Bullshit. You're not going to get this one past me.

You're saying that none of Opeth's music qualifies as death metal? Nothing off MAYH, or any of their super heavy songs with the growling vocals?

Well then, what the fuck is it?

Mediocre, generic, unoriginal death metal.

No argument here. Bloodbath is crap; I agree fully with this sentiment.

However, last I checked, this thread asked what individual posters' favorite death metal albums were. Nowhere did it mention that the poster must choose something that is stellar, unique and highly original by your standards. Even if their taste is unrefined, even if they have no frame of reference because they've only listened to two death metal bands in their lives, the fact is, that is their favorite release that they know of, thus making their post quite legit.

Dark Tranquillity - The Gallery

I know that a few people will have a problem with me putting a melo-death album... so you can just suck my goblin cock.

So far, the legit responses include:

The Red in the Sky is Ours

Like an Everflowing Stream

Deicide

The rest are either not death metal at all (Gojira?!! Does the fucker that posted that one even know what ears are?) or are mediocre recent albums from painfully generic bands (wake me up when Nile has an actual thought, please).

Go back to your elitist cave please.
Seriously.

Plus you loose at assuming that there are more braincells in Deicide than in Nile.
Have you ever read a Glenn Benton interview ?

Plus, putting restrictive labels on bands is one of the favourite hobbies of nolife of the Internet who claim on Boards that their knowledge is superior to the n00b.

" I KNOW WHAT TRUE DEATH METAL IS"

Get a life ASAP Please ...

Sirius - Spectral Transition

yeah it's technically black/death but I love the production, fantastic riffs, brutal vocals and the symphonic touches. blows Mithras away.

2nd pick would probably be Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines