Greece - bands, concerts, ... whatever

Infernal said:
Mocika you sure love us :)

I haven't heard any of them but i know that Thou Art Lord has members from RC (Sakis) and Septic Flesh (Set<'h>)

well... they make good music! :headbang:
Thou Art Lord contains Sakis, Seth and also Magus from Necromantia and Akis K from Spectic Flesh too.

Enshadowed was totally new to me..

@Dionysos: I think that Enslave will come to our country. The cult 'zine Metal Defiance will bring them here. The Finish Horna will be here too.

@Mocika:Enshadowed kicks ass \m/

The most good bands here in Hellas are playing black metal. There are very few bands that play other music and be really good. Let me give you some exaples: We have a really ass-fuckin' band which is playing grind/death ala-Cannibal Corpse, Skinless, Suffocation called Inveracity. They have released a split 10" EP with the Swedish Insision!
A band that's called Decemberance is very cool to. They're playing doom/death music with infuences from bands like old Anathema, old My Dying Bride, Bethlehem. They have added violin,cello and flute in their music. They are called "The Greek My Dying Bride" by some people and metal press! The have supported groups like Marduk and Candlemass.
We have some good thash bands too. Verdict that play with more tecnical influences ala-Realm and a very new band called Hybrid that's playing thash with influences from bands like Metallica, Testament, Dark Angel, Slayer and generaly old fasioned stuff.

I believe that there are few bands that are REALLY good but there are many that have great talent.

Mocika said:
I just got Thou Art Lord - DV8 and Enshadowed - Messengers Of The Darkest Dawn albums yesterday. Opinions on them?

I've just heared it and I can say that it's awsome. I also have the "Diabolou Arehaes Legeones" album and I can say that "DV8" sounds more... heavy and "modern" (if I could use this word). I hope they would be able somewhen to perform their songs on stage...

Originally posted by Mocika
I was a bit disappointed with RC, they were too stiff... i understand they recorded a DVD, but i felt it was a bit too steril...
Unfortunately they had some technical problems and a few songs were played at least 3 times... some (impatient?) fans were pissed off and left while they were playing...

:( That's to bad. I believe that I would get pissed off if I was at this show... I've heared that Iron Maiden once have played the second half of their live show two times for the needs of a live recording, but this had happen maaaaaaaaaaany years before...

i have found a CD in my shelf which i didn't remember to own :loco: (once again...)

it's TWILIGHT and it seems they are greek.
but i havn't found any further info anywhere.....

ROT....
They are greek, their 2nd album pRovOcaTiv is out and is freakin' awesome!!!
Imagine a great mix of Tool, Soundgarden, System Of A Down, Korn, with black metal parts (not really sure about that since black metal is not exactly my favorite style...) and byzantine music...
I believe these guys are destined to become really BIG!!!

Well, check out their website, which unfortunately is in a not so good condition... www.rot1.com

metu said:
Any other traditional music fused with metal coming from Greece? Got a link?
Well, unfortunately I don't know any, but ROT's website has some links of greek metal bands that might interest you... but I'm not sure since I haven't checked them all out...