Greece - bands, concerts, ... whatever

Mocika

Root Of All Evil
Jun 9, 2002
Tent No. 1
www.heavymetal.hu
Unfortunately only a few Greek bands are (well) known outside of their homecountry. I know only 2 or maybe 3, but I'm sure more bands are out there. So, Greek metalheads, let us know what is the metal scene in Greece like, tell us about bands, clubs, .... anything related to metal :headbang:

Furthermore, the new Rotting Christ album Genesis, is out for 2 weeks now. Personally i like it very much but i would like to hear others' opinions too ;)

My favorite Greek band, and the one I consider the most original, is Septic Flesh. Very interesting is also a side-projects if theirs, Chaostar, that deals more with classical music and soundtrack style compositions.
Some more good bands are Homo Iratus (deathcore), Less Than Human (nu-metalish/hardcore but very good)...

The only greek band I know is ROTTING CHRIST, and I think their new album "Genesis" is very good indeed. I've seen them live last year here in Switzerland, they kicked ass. Great band!

Noone wrote about the great heavy/power metal greek scene and bands like :Crush, Reflection, Airged Lamh, Sarissa, Power Crue and many others, also progressive metal fans MUST check Horizon's End and Breaking Silence..

Mocika: Nightfall play death metal........ hmmmm actually they used to play D/M cause now they have turn it into more....... "easy listening" paths...... Though they are very good and interesting.

BUT

In case no-one knows Greece used to have a great underground Black Metal scene in the early '90!!!!!
Ok, I'm talking about the Cult legends: Necromantia, Rotting Christ, Varathron, Thou Art Lord.
Those bands perform black metal since 1989...........

At the moment the Greek scene is nothing but a bunch of shity bands ..............very few bands are really good

Only SONICHAOS AEON interests me at the moment, which is Dødheimsgard/Thorns influenced.
Oh! and Zephyrous is also great band!

Originally posted by Kveldssanger
Somehow I knew you were going to mention Sonichaos Aeon.... And yes Necromantia are probably the best black metal band Greece has produced...
:lol: :lol:
SONICHAOS AEON rules!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Bomb the bass - blast the beat"
Ok most of the Greek bands are coping Iced Eart, Nevermore, Helloween, etc........ or Dimmu Borgir, Emperor, Darkthrone etc and that sucks! No originality at all! The scene can't go on only by coping some great bands........ that's very yawning thing to do!
Sonichaos demo "Symposium Lex O'Tanil" is something that never has been done in Greece! It's a fucking shock for the greek standards, that's why I promote them so much!

Crossing the fiery path is Necromantia's first full-length album.... They had done some demos in 1989, 1990 and 1991 and also the split LP with Varathron (in '91 also)
"Crossing..." is my favourite metal album ever! (Oh, I had to say that :lol: :p)
One of the best black metal albums ever made for sure.....

It seems you're a minority of one, my friend... :D :D But don't worry, it's not greek power/progressive bands that don't interest a lot of people here, it's power/progressive bands in general... And one more thing, great choice on nickname (at least if it's a reference to Psychotic Waltz)...

I didn't say I only liked black or death bands. I also like quite a few progressive bands and many other things. I'm just not very familiar with the prog/power scene in Greece and what few things I have listened didn't impress me very much... And I don't put much effort in discovering more about the scene because these styles don't interest me so much as before. But that doesn't stop me from loving Psychotic Waltz, whom I consider to be the best prog band that appeared in the scene (or maybe a tie with Fates Warning for the first place)...