GRIFFIN - "Fuck off, we play hard rock!"

T.I.E. said:
what a coincidence... my ex was japanese ;) :p

glad you show interest in French history, a lot of (un-cheesy) metal concept albums could be written about it ! :devil:

ohhh your ex.. i see! ;)
actually, what i was translating is the very metal concept album lyrics :D phew i just finished and send it out! now i'm relieved :oops:

Fangface said:
Hmm Voie De Fait is more of a curiosity from the past than a recommanded band actually, you're not missing too much :) Not bad, but don't worry it's no Manigance.

ok, it's old (the site says early 80's)and i'm afraid i won't be able to get a copy.. but it's NWOBHM era... did they sound like it?

junnie from the east said:
ok, it's old (the site says early 80's)and i'm afraid i won't be able to get a copy.. but it's NWOBHM era... did they sound like it?
Yeah, most 80's french bands sounded like NWOBHM except for the vocals. That's also probably one of the reasons why this scene didn't last for too long...
Still, if you're into both NWOBHM and french singing, you would probably love a few great bands from the past like Sortilège (Priest/Maiden worship with an amazing singer, you may already know them actually, and even if you don't, Manigance covered one of their songs ;)), H-Bomb, Blasphème, ADX (neat speed metal), Demon Eyes, Warning or the goofy Satan Jokers. Most of these records have been reissued, not all of them unfortunately.

Killers (not the band featuring DiAnno) are still alive and kicking as well, they've been playing thrashy heavy/speed metal with rough vocals for more than 20 years now.
Or even Malédiction among the newer bands, in the Priest/90's Megadeth vein :)

Sortilege plainly rules, H-Bomb and Blaspheme are also really good and I have to add High Power to the bunch. I do like Killers and ADX but the vocals on the albums I have are a bit annoying to my ear.

Fangface said:
Yeah, most 80's french bands sounded like NWOBHM except for the vocals. That's also probably one of the reasons why this scene didn't last for too long...
Still, if you're into both NWOBHM and french singing, you would probably love a few great bands from the past like Sortilège (Priest/Maiden worship with an amazing singer, you may already know them actually, and even if you don't, Manigance covered one of their songs ;)), H-Bomb, Blasphème, ADX (neat speed metal), Demon Eyes, Warning or the goofy Satan Jokers. Most of these records have been reissued, not all of them unfortunately.

Killers (not the band featuring DiAnno) are still alive and kicking as well, they've been playing thrashy heavy/speed metal with rough vocals for more than 20 years now.
Or even Malédiction among the newer bands, in the Priest/90's Megadeth vein :)

ok thank you! i'm going to look for their disks here :)
i bought Karelia's "Raise" last spring and liked it, how are they accepted there?
French scene looks very interesting!

Karelia is another band that is very likely more popular in Japan than over here. They're not completely unknown but I wouldn't say they have a solid fanbase here, except maybe in the east of the country but I'm not even sure of that.
I don't know why but it happens for a lot of domestic bands, it seems like Japan is the promised land ;)

(I think this thread has been hijacked a little bit :D)