Agathocles

Powerviolence:
Spazz
Godstomper
Man Is The Bastard
Fuck On The Beach
Yacopase

Noob alert

I never really got into Grind. [I've heard stuff like early Carcass and Napalm Death] Where can I start off?

hell, well, you should start by the classics, so i'll give you a list of what's the most important bands, anything else can be good, but you must start with class, you know what i mean??? you can't start to listen to heavy metal by hammerfal or sonata arctica, understood??? so, the list:

Repulsion - horrified
Terrorizer - World Downfall
Brutal Truth - Extreme Conditions Demand Extreme Responses
Defecation - Purity Dilution
Extreme Noise Terror - Being and Nothing
Disrupt - Unrest (not so grind, but a legend)
Agathocles - Razor Sharp Daggers

Fairly ignorant in terms of grind. I like Nasum and Pig Destroyer though. A good friend of mine is in the "Loathsome" video, he's the dude with aviators.

That doesn't look promising, only 4/15 tracks are over a minute long.

The first grind song I ever heard was "Gurgling Rotten Feces" by Aborted and I liked it. The second was "The Taste of Festering Vomit" by Last Days of Humanity, I didn't like it.

The first grind song I ever heard was "Gurgling Rotten Feces" by Aborted and I liked it. The second was "The Taste of Festering Vomit" by Last Days of Humanity, I didn't like it.

If you wanted to educate yourself more on Grind, Id also suggest listening to Assück's album Misery Index. Its a highly influential album in the grind genre. :kickass:

P.S. You should be used to the short songs, you like Pig Destroyer!:)

You can't judge by that. One of my favourite albums is 14 minutes total made of short songs. BTW, Nasum was the first grind band for me too, I used to listen to that "Grind Finale" compilation after their guitarist died. Check that out, and read the silly eco-social lyrics.

I believe this would be the right thread to talk about this band, but if not then excuse me. I am actually trying to talk about music for once.

It is Cattle Decapitation. They are having a concert here in Ohio pretty soon and my friend got some tickets and asked me to go. I have not really took the time to listen to them and when I did I kind of just didn't want to listen to the,, but what I have read from about them, they are gore-grind and some other stuff. I am not sure if it will be worth it. Anyone have anything on them? Anything good?

Yeah, I was reading that. Something about "veggie" and some other things with animal cruelity and the world. It kind of threw me off because when I read about bands, I normally don't see anything of that sort. That's a plus that their latest albumn is good. Maybe, I will give them a chance. They are not coming until May, so I have sometime.

Listen to this and see what you think. You may want to turn up the sound as it's a little hard to hear on this video for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally love Cattle Decapitation. As far as I know, they are not Vegan, but they are Vegetarian. Their animal rights are shown through their album covers and also the band name lol

Ive seen them live on multiple occasions (will be seeing them in May also but for the California Metalfest) and Im always left pleased. If it isnt too far out of your way, Id go to the show even if you are not a fan of their music just because Travis's stage performance is hilarious.