guess who's drunk yet still has more beer??? (official drunk post thread)

Where do you live? I need a new job and maybe I will move where you live. :lol:

I happened to catch Racer 5 on guest tap at EJ Phair during a visit to Concord. I'd had it in bottle (purchased on a trip to Colorado), but that one experience on tap was pretty much my most memorable beer moment ever. Just like sticking my nose into a bag of Cascades.

I'm on the NH/MA border. Julios Liquors in Westborough MA has almost 1,000 microbrew beers. Then when I visit my family in Upstate NY, theres a few more excellent places I buy my beer stash from!

Racer 5 IPA is absolutely amazing, and its actually listed as a Imperial IPA at almost 9%! So smooth!

Yea I agree with the cascades.....those and Centennial, and Chinook are my fav's. I am not a fan of Amarillo Hops which is why Im not a big fan of Magic Hats IPA's, or Rogues Yellow Snow IPA.

Drinkin my fav session IPA right now. Harpoon! These go down like water!

*UNRELATED TO ABOVE COMMENTS* - BTW I'll be at the Symphony X show in 2 weeks in Worcester MA if anyone wants to buy me some beers to chug, and cry to me that I'm a fratboy. LOL.

Yeah, funny that Chinook was such an unfavorable, harsh hop five years ago. Yay for Stone for changing that perception!

I guess I'll be moving to New England! haha

I haven't seen Yellow Snow. We have all the Rogue stuff here - I'll have to look for it. But at least we have the full line of Avery and Stone. No Magic Hat or Bear Republic or Russian River (I got a Pliny the Elder on another Concord trip - that rocked!!!) or much else good.

I had an all-Simcoe IPA at BJ's in Boulder a while back - that was damn good.

It really sucks I have to travel so much to get beer. I had a sixer of Bell's Two Hearted up in Detroit, but since I was only there for an overnight with an interview the following morning I didn't think it wise to do.

It really sucks I have to travel so much to get beer. I had a sixer of Bell's Two Hearted up in Detroit, but since I was only there for an overnight with an interview the following morning I didn't think it wise to do.

This is definately a great place to live if you're a microbrew fanatic. Weyerbacher has some good IPAs too! The Simocoe Double IPA, and Hops Infusion are damn tasty!

Funny you mention Bells! Someone who loves my videos, and owns a store down Southeastern USA said he'd send me 2 bottles of Bells Hopslam if I agreed to chug one of them. Of course I obliged! Let the fratboy bashing continue HAHAHAHAHA.

Last edited by a moderator:
You crack me up, dude.

Do you brew?

HAHA! I wish I knew how to brew! I know what I like, and dislike but dont have the slightest idea. I really wanna learn but time just hasnt permitted it.

I have a name for an IPA already trademarked, and would love to market it as I think the label, and name are absolutely eye catching (the artwork is comepletely done). I also have an idea that ties beers into Metal genres, and think it could be something that took off with the right beers, and marketing. I have paper work submitted to trademark the names so it is something I wanna do down the line whether solo, or with someone else.

My thursday night gig this past week led to a good night afterwards...

12 pack of sam adams winter lager
+5 vodka shots (that I remember)
+no food for the 24 hours or so before that (and none until the next day)
+coming home at 4am to do my 12-tone composition for 20th century harmony class(and actually getting it done and emailing it to my teacher before passing out at 7am)

=awesome

Having to go to work the next day and give a tour of the school to some high school Kids-not so much

Spent tonight and the night before (satuday = freinds 18th, today = School 6th form Xmas party.) drinking various combinations of Magners Irish Cider and girly mixers like Vodka Red Bull :erk: However, regardless of the total lack of classiness it did it's job and right about now I'm pretty happy.

My thursday night gig this past week led to a good night afterwards...

12 pack of sam adams winter lager
+5 vodka shots (that I remember)
+no food for the 24 hours or so before that (and none until the next day)
+coming home at 4am to do my 12-tone composition for 20th century harmony class(and actually getting it done and emailing it to my teacher before passing out at 7am)

=awesome

Having to go to work the next day and give a tour of the school to some high school Kids-not so much

How good was the composition?

^to be more specific...it's 12-tone so yeah....definitely couldn't :lol:

In all seriousness though...it was decent. Getting the notes down is the easy part (REALLY easy with 12-tone stuff at least)...the fun stuff is tomorrow when I have to have people perform it.

^to be more specific...it's 12-tone so yeah....definitely couldn't :lol:

In all seriousness though...it was decent. Getting the notes down is the easy part (REALLY easy with 12-tone stuff at least)...the fun stuff is tomorrow when I have to have people perform it.
Hahaha... I also did my 12-tone composition in one drunken night. I think most of my class did. They sounded great, lemme tell ya.

Hey Metal Madman, is that an Icarus Witch shirt?