Guilty Displeasures

I don't like a lot of Scandinavian old school death metal. I find most albums that use the standard Entombed/Sunlight/buzzsaw type sound extraordinarily tedious

Same here. I do like alot of old school Scandinavian/Finnish death metal, but almost all my favourites of those albums are those which don't have that typical genre sound, like Beyond Sanctorum, Nespithe or Clandestine for example.
Well technically Clandestine has the Sunlight production of course, but it's not one of those d-beat fests you usually think of.

Autopsy - Severed Survival
Entombed - Clandestine
Candlemass - Tales of Creation and Nightfall (I just find them yawn-erific. I will pull them out again eventually and give them another listen)

What are some Metal bands or albums you can't stand, which most everyone worships.

I never got into Black Sabbath, never really ventured into them or stumbled upon their music.

If you think that makes me a poser f.o.a.d. :heh:
Slipknot. I absolutely despise that band.

Anthrax - Among the Living (the beginnings of groove, whiffle, and self-parody thrash)
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (how to stitch together a concept album in the most hasty manner)
Manilla Road - Open the Gates (nasally vocals over repetitive Maiden-cloning songs)
Sodom - Agent Orange (a pussified sellout attempt to the Bay Area with none of the fancy musicianship required)

I don't like Iron Maiden. The only parts of any of their music that I can even enjoy are the guitar solos.