Guilty Metal Pleasures

I wish I was the same as you guys, Usually when I adapt a genre, I stick to it and usually forget about all other previous bands.

That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard anyone say...EVER

Schwärzung;8721621 said:

That's an odd choice for guilty pleasure as they are highly respected in that genre of music... unless you are saying that most metalheads would look down on it in which case it would be a guilty pleasure in that respect.
Personally I'm a fan though I think they have some crappy music as well as the good stuff.

That's an odd choice for guilty pleasure as they are highly respected in that genre of music... unless you are saying that most metalheads would look down on it in which case it would be a guilty pleasure in that respect.
Personally I'm a fan though I think they have some crappy music as well as the good stuff.
Indeed. I thoroughly enjoy In The Flat Field, but Go Away White wasn't really my cup of tea.

I noted them as a guilty pleasure because some metalheads seem to dislike gothic music.

Schwärzung;8742417 said:
Indeed. I thoroughly enjoy In The Flat Field, but Go Away White wasn't really my cup of tea.

I noted them as a guilty pleasure because some metalheads seem to dislike gothic music.

it's not metal at all to be so insecure about some of the metal you like based on what a few other people think in a forum.

it's not metal at all to be so insecure about some of the metal you like based on what a few other people think in a forum.
I personally don't give a shit about what other metal fans think of my taste. I simply expressed what the thread asked me to.

Take that into consideration next time.

Schwärzung;8742810 said:
I personally don't give a shit about what other metal fans think of my taste. I simply expressed what the thread asked me to.

Take that into consideration next time.

Take into consideration (nice tone you're taking with me there) that everyone dislikes something that someone else likes, and a guilty pleasure is something that makes YOU feel guilty for enjoying it, not something that has been criticised/ ridiculed by others.

Take into consideration (nice tone you're taking with me there) that everyone dislikes something that someone else likes, and a guilty pleasure is something that makes YOU feel guilty for enjoying it, not something that has been criticised/ ridiculed by others.
I don't thoroughly feel guilty for liking it; I'm just saying that it is commonly looked down upon by other metal fans. That's all. It's only superficial, no need to make a huge tussle about something as little as this.

Regardless, UM is not representative of the majority of metal fans.

Schwärzung;8742827 said:
I don't thoroughly feel guilty for liking it; I'm just saying that it is commonly looked down upon by other metal fans. That's all. It's only superficial, no need to make a huge tussle about something as little as this.

Regardless, UM is not representative of the majority of metal fans.

i think i agree with you, and this is all best contained now, cool brother of metal.

I love Slipknot. Their new album is pretty weak, though "All Hope is Gone" is a fucking brutal song.

Slipknot also puts on one of the greatest live shows (visually) I've ever seen. Of course I've only seen them during their arena rock era, I don't know how good their shows were back in 1999 - 2000 when they only played small venues. Joey Jordison's drum riser definately beats the shit out of anything Peter Criss or Tommy Lee ever did.