Guilty Metal Pleasures

I like Lamb of God, but only the first 3 (New American Gospel and onward, haven't heard the VEERY first one), Sacrament and the new one really disappointed me..

Necro'd.

I'd just like to point out that I have all Bullet for My Valentine albums, own a t-shirt and bought tickets to see them this September.

kthxbai

I rather like metalcore. Only for the guitar work, you understand.

All That Remains, Bullet For My Valentine, Killswitch Engage, Unearth, even a bit of Trivium. They have killer guitar players, which is why I listen to them. And I like groove metal (Pantera, Machine Head, I guess Lamb of God too).

I'm also not fond of black metal. Some Burzum and Mayhem stuff is OK, but I don't like BM as a whole. I'm more a thrash, death (especially tech death), prog and even power metal fan really. I think black metal is a bit pompous, overblown, obsessed with being the KVlt-est or blackest band and whatever else. Maybe I just don't understand it properly.

Tarja-era Nightwish
Rhapsody of Fire
Elvenking
Cradle of Filth (pretty much just Dusk and Her Embrace and Vempire)
Dimmu Borgir (up to and including PEM)

I liked FAT (harhar) because I like what it was trying to do, even if it failed. DCA was kind of a write-off for my liking.

Sevendust's cover of "Going Back to Cali" was incredible, and they had some great songs. Lajon Witherspoon is a beast.

Sevendust's cover of "Going Back to Cali" was incredible, and they had some great songs. Lajon Witherspoon is a beast.

Lajon is a great singer- that's what's always elevated Sevendust (to me, at least) above the rest of the nu-metal crap out there.

I hate to admit it, but I enjoyed Escape The Fate's first album. I was mainly attracted by the cover art but it actually has some really catchy songs on it. I also like about three songs by Bring Me The Horizon. I like Evanescence but I don't feel guilty about that. I think Amy Lee is a genuinely good singer.

*runs*

Living Colour should not be guilty, they're just awesome!

I don't really feel guilty about liking Pantera, why should I? It's just one of life's no-thinking-necessary brutish musical pleasures.

Disturbed. I'm going to consider them metal for the sake of this thread.

They had a few shitty songs on their first album but aside from that I don't see why they're so hated.