Guilty Metal Pleasures

I don't like Amy Lee's voice and I can't stand Evanescence, but she is technically good at singing I guess/hate to admit.

I often feel guilty for spinning Kiss-Dynasty,i got this album when i was 3 and still love it,i'm 33 now.Also feel somewhat guilty when i listen to Fastway's 'Trick Or Treat' soundtrack,that does kick a fair amount of ass though,i'm sure there's more but those are probably the most cringe worthy i can think of at this stage.

I often feel guilty for spinning Kiss-Dynasty,i got this album when i was 3 and still love it,i'm 33 now.Also feel somewhat guilty when i listen to Fastway's 'Trick Or Treat' soundtrack,that does kick a fair amount of ass though,i'm sure there's more but those are probably the most cringe worthy i can think of at this stage.
KISS are great; nobody sould feel guilty for liking them.

I don't see why Kiss should be a guilty pleasure. At least 70's Kiss, anyway.

Up to and including DCA for me, except For All Tid is a piece of shit imo.
Agreed; For All Tid was just another generic 90's Scandinavian black metal album to me. It's glad to see they eventually evolved to their own sound of theatrics and an overall unique sound (you can easily tell Shagrath's vocals).

Oh, and while I'm here:
I don't get the criticism for Cradle of Filth's recent material. Who cares if they're part of the goth scene? Who cares if they play at mainstream festivals?

I'm not trying to whine I just want to honestly ask someone; what do you find shite about the past few albums (Midian - Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder)?

I personally think a lot of the criticism is from a misconception of selling out.

It sounds like shit, that's why. Dani Filth isn't a good singer, he needs to stick with the extreme screaming. Plus, there's the fact that after all the line-up changes, all the good song writers are gone. The riffs are completely forgettable now. Midian was good, though.

I like
Bring me the Horizon, but just the 1st album
Slipknot, 1st two albums
Suicide Silence, 1st album

and bands that aren´t metal
Goldfinger

I can't really figure out why but I'm really into Avenged Sevenfold, I mean before they blew up, they released one of my favorite metalcore albums..."Waking the Fallen" And they grew more hard rockish and have one of my favorite guitar tones and just write really catchy songs, sometimes progressive. I am prepared to get hate replys but I love them.

I'm listening to Judas Priest's Demolition for the first time in years, and forgot what a fun album this was. Much better than the last two Halford-fronted Priest albums.

I can't really figure out why but I'm really into Avenged Sevenfold, I mean before they blew up, they released one of my favorite metalcore albums..."Waking the Fallen" And they grew more hard rockish and have one of my favorite guitar tones and just write really catchy songs, sometimes progressive. I am prepared to get hate replys but I love them.

I'm not a fan of them, but I agree that they get much more shit than they deserve. That album and City of Evil have their good moments.

I don't understand the concept of feeling guilty because you like something. I guess that I'm just weird.

It sounds like shit, that's why. Dani Filth isn't a good singer, he needs to stick with the extreme screaming. Plus, there's the fact that after all the line-up changes, all the good song writers are gone. The riffs are completely forgettable now. Midian was good, though.

Pretty much... the albums since Midian have been really bad... too schlocky, too slick, no interesting riffs or arrangements, no balls. Honestly I dig the early stuff with Nick Barker.

Anyway for my second guilty pleasure... Motley Crue. Fun, dumb, hard rock. :D

I remember when that Living Colour bit was the running gag on this forum. Do any of those threads even exist any more?

Yes, I was curious and searched for posts involving the words 'Living Colour' and got 12 pages of them. A few pages even consist of posts containing nothing but the words 'Living Colour' in black metal rec threads dating from 2005