Guitar Contest

Hehe thanks guys. I guess, since I didn't go to like -200 overnight, it's not all that bad =) As for the sloppy parts, it's nearly impossible to play them spot-on, so I'm doing the best I can. There's probably people out there with much better technique, but I doubt they'd waste time on CoB solos :lol:

I thin Vanessa Mae sits in her room all night to learn Children Of Decadence. :loco:

^:lol: :lol: :lol:

TBH tho, May is just an average violinist who got famous through pop-music approach.

--------------------
2 OvSeth - Thanks!

-------------------------------

COCOB - yah, really. Well, at least it's not in the negatives :lol:

Well thanks for all the feedback dudes. I might re-record it but we'll see because I was pretty happy with this one. I don't think I can ever really re-create someone else's solo 100% because to me guitar playing is so personal and stuff. Anyway I just wanted to try my luck and have some fun with it. If you don't want to vote for my video, I'll be sad but of course I'll understand, heheh. Anyway thanks for the words dude!

Maybe technically, it wasn't 100% spot on, but you make that solo your own, in a way, wich I think is at least just as important.

+ you're a kickass player.

The only thing I could critisize is in the alt. picking lick, it went a tiny wee bit wrong at some point, and also the end sounded a little of.

But you're a kickass player anyways, and sometimes I even enjoy just watching you play instead of listening to the originals :p

(especially songs from AYDY and Blooddrunk :p, I think you add a nice personal touch and feel, that fits bodom really good)

I mean you're not flawless, but we're all human right?

blah my video isnt showing up, does it take time to show up or something caue I submitted it yesterday and I got an Email saying I did. Here it is by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys, i think this is my first post on the bodom forum; longtime lurker though. here's my entry, i was just wondering if maybe you guys have some tips or constructive criticism.

Last edited by a moderator:
how can i give constructive criticism if there is nothing to criticize? just play it excactly like that every time. oh ya...what the fuck is with all the negative votes on RedSGShredder? Someone explain why he shouldnt win?

You're on the violin? Dude yours was freaking awesome man, I loved it. :heh:

^:lol: :lol: :lol:

TBH tho, May is just an average violinist who got famous through pop-music approach.

--------------------
2 OvSeth - Thanks!

-------------------------------

COCOB - yah, really. Well, at least it's not in the negatives :lol:

thanks for the comments guys! i think i'm going to end up putting a second attempt up anyways, i found some flaws i can fix.

You're on the violin? Dude yours was freaking awesome man, I loved it. :heh:

Thanks!

I don't have fast enough Internetz to watch every video, so I haven't seen yours yet, but I'm sure it's up to par with other stuff I've seen from you on Youtube. =)

----------------------------------------------

As for the negative votes, I bet there's a bunch of idiots on there trying to hard to win the runner-up prize, since some of the best vids are in the gutter... If I had broadband I could change that around overnight :heh:, if I didn't feel too lazy. It is kind of a pain on 64k Internet tho so I'll pass

1. As everyone know, the votes don't show the quality of the video at all
2. There are many players who nailed the solo much better/cleaner than him
Yup, he's a good player but he doesn't deserve to win with this vid. It's maybe the worst vid he ever made. Too sloppy and a horrible sound. But everyone knows his vids so it could be that he will win...