Guitar Contest

I should submit a video too, just for fun. Although, I'll continue to get the "OMG U STOLE ALEXI'S GUITAR OMG HAHA LOLZ0RZ!!", since I stuck my WildChild sticker back on my Stars RR.

I should submit a video too, just for fun. Although, I'll continue to get the "OMG U STOLE ALEXI'S GUITAR OMG HAHA LOLZ0RZ!!", since I stuck my WildChild sticker back on my Stars RR.

That would be hilarious if CoB's management actually thought you did, and gave you the grand prize as a ruse to lure you in. Of course, stiuplating that you bring your guitar. :p

Worth it? maybe. :lol:

I don't get why people care so much! I mean going around, giving thumbs down to everyone and commenting on EVERY SINGLE FUCKING THING.

This is why I hate people. :lol: That includes the guy above me.

You hate me? lol, every time I say anything on there it's only to help people out. I never say stupid things like "OMG YOU SUCKAAZZZ!!!".

I really try to be helpful. Just because I'm in a competition doesn't mean I have to be a huge a dick. And I vote down on videos I genuinely don't think make the cut. That's all there is to it.

I mean, the fact that you are taking comments so personally, like the negative comments on your video and stuff. I was just thinking out loud, wasn't really offense, even if it seemed like so.

Hey, you're a good player, you have some things to work on (constructive criticism :p), but you're good! You don't really have to take comments personally, get a bit more confidence in your playing, but not too much.

It will help you a lot!

I mean, the fact that you are taking comments so personally, like the negative comments on your video and stuff. I was just thinking out loud, wasn't really offense, even if it seemed like so.

Hey, you're a good player, you have some things to work on (constructive criticism :p), but you're good! You don't really have to take comments personally, get a bit more confidence in your playing, but not too much.

It will help you a lot!

I realize the solo itself wasn't that clean, but I just wanted to jam and let loose, and be myself. I have a few ideas for a new video and such, I promise by the end of the month I will have a perfect run. If anyone wants, I could do previews of myself doing JUST the solo on youtube, and if it's not up the high standards of the forum, I'll redo it as many times as it takes to be perfect. And then I have to find a way to perform it, not just play it.

I shouldn't have said anything back to them, but people do get to me sometimes.

I realize the solo itself wasn't that clean, but I just wanted to jam and let loose, and be myself. I have a few ideas for a new video and such, I promise by the end of the month I will have a perfect run. If anyone wants, I could do previews of myself doing JUST the solo on youtube, and if it's not up the high standards of the forum, I'll redo it as many times as it takes to be perfect. And then I have to find a way to perform it, not just play it.

I shouldn't have said anything back to them, but people do get to me sometimes.

dude, you just talk too much. period.

Yes, but I meant bends, vibrato, feeling in the playing. Not just mindless shred :p.

What's the youtube channel?

I haven't recorded it yet but the channel's under "thirdasian". I'll update when it's done. I'm probably going to do 3 versions, Just solo, whole song, and solo + shred.

And yes, I'm quite wordy, I can't help it.

I might re-record it but we'll see because I was pretty happy with this one. I don't think I can ever really re-create someone else's solo 100% because to me guitar playing is so personal and stuff. Anyway I just wanted to try my luck and have some fun with it. If you don't want to vote for my video, I'll be sad but of course I'll understand, heheh.

Hey man. Just do it your own way, and it's up to the judges. Good luck!

Let us all share this epic guitar cake.

Guitar%20Cake.JPG

(yes I'm aware it says "Andrew You Rock" and is missing several frets)

Lol @ the two Asian dudes who get it. And you can only vote ONCE per video, not once per day. I gotta wonder if the judges have been paying any attention at all the to videos so far...

If you read the rules carefully, you'd know the answer lol.

-------------------------------------------------------

Dam, I wonder if I should post my solo at all...