Guitar Contest

The reason Altitudes has been hit bad is because he did something that within the circumstances of the contest is really lame.

He recorded the audio of his playing separately from the video, and synced them together.

Normally, this would be no big deal, like with a music video. But people are being judged by not only their technical ability, but their showmanship. By recording a perfect audio take, he could just make it look as cool as possible on video without worrying about screwing up the playing. As opposed to a real, live take.

All right queer, I've heard this enough times now. This is not some new profound insight :lol:

why do you guys think the guy with the white jackson is so good? He was nothinng great imo. He couldn't even play the other parts of the song that well....

He is not great, but he did the whole song and the solo in one take, with little errors. He is the best overall so far.

Oh dear god! Those videos are horrible...and how come Altitudes been hit that bad by the jelous fuckers? He is like the best there yet :O

Prolly one of those idiots wants to win and uses proxies to give zillions of thumbs-downs :puke:

All right queer, I've heard this enough times now. This is not some new profound insight :lol:

Queer? Grow up, kid.

Clearly it still wasn't evident to some people, since my post wasn't even directed at you, but at someone who was asking why you were getting thumbs down and called fake.

Try and be a little more mature, and less defensive. I was only explaining the situation, I could care less what you do or how you do it. The fact of the matter is that a lot of people could have done it the way you did. If you really don't care, then start acting like it instead of getting all pissy.

:lol: Record just the solo dude.

The guy with the white Jackson is not bad, but it's really hard to hear his guitar.

I found funny a guy with a Warlock who played the Blooddrunk solo and then turned his wah on and started shreding alone, :lol:

And then another one who started ''ESP I love you'' and blinking and then mainly sucked at the solo, :lol:

The guy with the warlock is me!!

I decided that everyone can do the solo really well, so how can I stand out? Well, I just decided to have a good time with it. And I just dick around like I intend out doing if I win.

There's a new guy though, skintight.pants is his name, and he FUCKING shreds the song. The whole song. Barely any mistakes, and the solo was practically flawless. I think we lose.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. The best I could do is redo the solo better and dick around a little more, or I could also play the entire song. Not sure if I want to do that though.

Queer? Grow up, kid.

Clearly it still wasn't evident to some people, since my post wasn't even directed at you, but at someone who was asking why you were getting thumbs down and called fake.

Try and be a little more mature, and less defensive. I was only explaining the situation, I could care less what you do or how you do it. The fact of the matter is that a lot of people could have done it the way you did. If you really don't care, then start acting like it instead of getting all pissy.

:lol: You aren't a queer? Had me convinced.

And then another one who started ''ESP I love you'' and blinking and then mainly sucked at the solo, :lol:

I could laugh at the wannabe Yngwie in the last video, but the guy you mentioned just made me angry.

I think it's quite unbelievable: There are so many guitar players in America and these videos are all we get (so far)? I thought we get many awesome videos, so that only the posing decides.
But only Mick ("fake" or not, good playing), Lowberg and the last guy with the maple fretboard RR nailed the solo at all. The asian guy played well too, but your constant adding of new videos annoys me.

And on another note: I wouldn't fucking DARE to take part in such a competition when my ability is THAT far away from the expected level.

I could laugh at the wannabe Yngwie in the last video, but the guy you mentioned just made me angry.

I think it's quite unbelievable: There are so many guitar players in America and these videos are all we get (so far)? I thought we get many awesome videos, so that only the posing decides.
But only Mick ("fake" or not, good playing), Lowberg and the last guy with the maple fretboard RR nailed the solo at all. The asian guy played well too, but your constant adding of new videos annoys me.

And on another note: I wouldn't fucking DARE to take part in such a competition when my ability is THAT far away from the expected level.

To answer your question why there aren't many people participate in this. COB is getting bigger here in the States but they not mainstream yet. I love COB music and it seem like I'm the only one who ever listened to their music (haven't met anyone who recognize COB), that's why they doing these contest.

:lol: You aren't a queer? Had me convinced.

You have to be kidding me, are you twelve? There's no way you're honestly that much of an immature little bitch. Anyone older would realize how weak and pathetic your responses are.

So I'm a queer for pointing out and explaining how you did what you did, and the advantages of it? Whatever. The only reason I even said anything is because someone asked.

This is such a fucking waste, and not even worth the effort of arguing. I'm letting this go because you've clearly proven my point. Nice try, though.

You're going to hate me, but I'm posting another one sometime soon. :3

I haven't decided if I want to try the to perfect the solo or what. I could nail the solo, but 3 people can already do it.

I might do other solos by Alexi or something. None of this is about ability anymore, to me, it's about who can perform the best, with his actions, because anyone can nail a solo, but who can do it in style?

If you have any particular thing I could do that might annoy you less (aside from not posting the video), feel free to shoot ideas.

I was reading the rules and I don't understand why it says to keep the video under 5 minutes. Especially when the solo is a 15 second one.

I honestly think he could do better, he's a lot behind in guitar playing compared to Lowberg etc, but I think he really deserves to jam with the band after covering almost all songs.
Also I'm expecting a massive amount of votes by his youtubefans:lol:

Last edited by a moderator: