Guitar Contest

I have not read the whole thread yet, but from some of the videos I've seen and the votes that they have I wouldn't be surprised if the winner will be the one with the LEAST thumb downs. This sucks, it's sad that people are so jealous and because of that go and vote thumbs down on everybody.

I have not read the whole thread yet, but from some of the videos I've seen and the votes that they have I wouldn't be surprised if the winner will be the one with the LEAST thumb downs. This sucks, it's sad that people are so jealous and because of that go and vote thumbs down on everybody.

there's only like 2...maybe 3 people to be jealous of. And Altitudes is getting hit really bad because of this. I feel bad.

^That's cuz that's all there is I guess =)))

Someone tell me, which one is Altitudes? I haven't given my +1 yet, and if it's the one I think, it def. deserves it.

As for the thumbs, the judges have the final say for the main prize anyway. As for the secondary prize, it's sure that some faggot fanboy will get it.

Oh dear god! Those videos are horrible...and how come Altitudes been hit that bad by the jelous fuckers? He is like the best there yet :O

It really doesn't matter, even if I played it perfectly I couldn't get votes. "Some Guy" actually said "You suck, I hate you." Although not with grammar and punctuation like mine.

I think you need to stop being so affected by what everyone thinks of you. You keep saying that you don't care about winning, and that this is all for the fun of learning to play better, and yet you keep complaining about people's negative comments toward you. I don't mean this in a negative light itself, but really all you can do is play the best you can and leave the haters to be lonely. I'll be uploading my video in a week maybe, so believe me I'll have people telling me to suck penises as well. Cheers.

I think you need to stop being so affected by what everyone thinks of you. You keep saying that you don't care about winning, and that this is all for the fun of learning to play better, and yet you keep complaining about people's negative comments toward you. I don't mean this in a negative light itself, but really all you can do is play the best you can and leave the haters to be lonely. I'll be uploading my video in a week maybe, so believe me I'll have people telling me to suck penises as well. Cheers.

Ya know, I say that, but it really does bother me. Especially because I'm not the only one getting slammed. Everyone is, no one's got positive votes, I think.

What's that supposed to say about the fans? Even Altitude's has got negative votes.

I'm a little torn about how I feel about that. I know he can't help it, and he still played it, obviously. But, meh. I guess it's just cause everything I do is pretty much off the cuff. His perfection of the solo is certainly better than mine.

^ Yeah I was gonna ask if you guys think that is desirable or not, being that it is a "solo" contest. I go home (where my dad has his recording studio) in three days! Should I play the whole song or just the solo? Although I really don't want to tune down to drop C lol. Takes me so long to do that shit.

Haha, I always have to laugh when I read comments about pinkys.... "...you can't really play this solo correctly without using your oinky as well". post 23 in Altitudes vid.
I've got like 50 entries on my YouTube channel with ppl telling me I should use my pinky more cause then I can play better. lol. I can play with my dick as long as it sounds good...

:lol: Record just the solo dude.

The guy with the white Jackson is not bad, but it's really hard to hear his guitar.

I found funny a guy with a Warlock who played the Blooddrunk solo and then turned his wah on and started shreding alone, :lol:

And then another one who started ''ESP I love you'' and blinking and then mainly sucked at the solo, :lol:

Altitude's video was edited,goes to say that the fans aren't stupid but they are very picky.

The dumbest and most retarded fans I have ever encountered were at a CoB show :lol: As for the contest, I didn't enter soley to win, it was an excuse to FINALLY buy a camcorder and learn to edit, so I am not heartbroken haha

Haha, I always have to laugh when I read comments about pinkys.... "...you can't really play this solo correctly without using your oinky as well". post 23 in Altitudes vid.
I've got like 50 entries on my YouTube channel with ppl telling me I should use my pinky more cause then I can play better. lol. I can play with my dick as long as it sounds good...

Haha! Yeah, the thing is I use my pinky alot but for that solo I don't need to. I think people say that because we are genetically born with the "curled pinky" syndrome :lol: At least it isn't bad as Marty Friedman's pinky lol

Haha I love pinky comments too. Kind of annoying when that's all they say.

Haha the winking guy. He thinks he's subliminally going to win? What's with that shit lol. My personal favorite is the video on the far right and someone's comment which still stands out in my mind "You look like Yngwie but play like Fallout Boy" :lol:

The reason Altitudes has been hit bad is because he did something that within the circumstances of the contest is really lame.

He recorded the audio of his playing separately from the video, and synced them together.

Normally, this would be no big deal, like with a music video. But people are being judged by not only their technical ability, but their showmanship. By recording a perfect audio take, he could just make it look as cool as possible on video without worrying about screwing up the playing. As opposed to a real, live take.

why do you guys think the guy with the white jackson is so good? He was nothinng great imo. He couldn't even play the other parts of the song that well....