Guitar Contest

At the time I wrote this:

Altitudes has the best playing, Lowberg has good playing and is more entertaining to watch.

For those other guys...I could play better when drunk. And I'm not that good :lol:

Someone from this forum needs to win. :headbang:

Hey dudes, it's the Asian monkey man from the COB videos. You know, the annoying guy that posts a new video everyday.

Anyway, I'm new to the boards, and I've been a big Bodom fan for a while and I've stumbled on this contest thingy and I thought I'd join. I can't believe the kind of hate I get for trying to improve my playing. Definitely doing this has made me thing more carefully about what I think is good enough.

So I've learned the solo, and I try my best to do it and post it, but man without decent gear it always sucks. Not to mention after about 200 takes a day, your hands start to hurt a whole bunch. I just can't believe the kind of racist, and mean remarks people will leave to someone, even if they don't know them. Luckily, I don't have to worry about the popular vote, and I can just keep remaking my video and getting cleaner and cleaner everyday. I do get better at it every time, so don't count me out yet!

Is it seriously the Alexi 200? That's so stupid, if it is. That guitar is a piece of shit. I thought it'd be the 600.

The Marshall MG already sucks very bad, such a horrible amp. The only real prize is, as said before, getting to meet and jam with them.

And I don't think the most technically proficient player will win, but one that is also more fun to watch, like it says right on the contest page. Anyone can just practice this solo to death and play it note for note. You have to make it interesting, and entertaining, too.

Lol, if you haven't seen my performance, you need to. I've got to have the ugliest metal faces I've ever seen.

Also, yes it is the 200. The prizes aren't that great, except for jamming with the band and such. Which begs the question, do you need your own gear? Or do they provide the gear? Also, do you need to learn the entire song?

Not quite. Your video is pretty awesome. Actually, every time I see a really good video like yours, it inspires me to practice getting cleaner and performing with more energy. And what's up with those people calling you fake?

ThirdAsian: How do you know it's the 200? It doesn't say on the contest page.

And I think they only called him fake because his version is so technically perfect, and it's hard to see a cable coming from his guitar.

I've got around 100 fake and you suck messages on my YouTube vids but fuck them. Yeah, I also think that not the best player will win. It's not the hardest solo so I think we will see many other ppl who are playing this solo as good as Altitudes or better.

Read my "official" comment on my video :lol: I explain that I have to synchronize the audio with the video when editing.

Thank you, SomeoneWild. Just about to quote. It was kinda depressing when I read it.

I know the solo isn't hard, that's why I've been trying to be more theatrical about it. But my first video sucked so much ass that pretty much everyone just thinks I suck. I've gotten so much better at the song, and I just keep practicing it. We need someone to get up there and show us a good time, and I haven't seen anyone do that yet.

Wtf? Lowberg just had like 275 thumbs up now it is down to 252. Lame asses that vote down on a good video should be shot :)

Yeah Asian, that was your mistake. If you had only posted one video, when it was as good as you could get it, you wouldn't be getting all the trouble you are now.

And I can't believe that it's only the 200, what a load of shit. It's almost not even worth it now. That thing is a cheap, crappy guitar.

Altitudes, I think they delete duplicate votes, or at least I can only hope so. Otherwise this whole thing is even more retarded.

Fair enough, I can live with that. And lowberg's at 252 from what I can see, so yeah, people suck.

When people first get the widget they are able to vote repeatedly for a certain amount of time it seems. It doesn't matter because duplicate votes, like videos, are deleted. So he might get his votes back.

I haven't voted for anyone yet cuz I don't know how many votes we're allowed....so if I vote for one player, will I not be allowed to vote for another? Or does it give you unlimited votes?