Guitar Contest

Hey Mysty, I bought a camcorder :D Sorry for the unneseccary trouble :lol: Now I just have to setup everything and get familiar with all the functions and I'll submit my video in the next few days!

Dude i'm gonna give you as many thumbs up as possible!! I just want at least someone from this forum to win

Hey Mysty, I bought a camcorder :D Sorry for the unneseccary trouble :lol: Now I just have to setup everything and get familiar with all the functions and I'll submit my video in the next few days!
Awesome!! I was pretty sure I couldn't pull it off anyway :lol:
Best of luck to you :headbang: (and maybe I'll see you at the show!)

Dude i'm gonna give you as many thumbs up as possible!! I just want at least someone from this forum to win
I agree. I think Altitudes and Lowberg have really high chances anyway.

Wohow! A MG100HDFX head and a MG412A cabinet!
Thats the most crapiest head and cabinet, man, you call that a price?

Well, you get a signature guitar as well =)

EDIT: YAY! I learned the solo (wuz easier than Bed of Razors solo), now to find a camera...

Yeah, I first read that letter from Alexi and thought that it's so fake, no way Alexi would ever use word "widget" but then I watched video and it's just hilarious...nice playground :lol:

:lol: I just read and watched the video. At least he learnt a new "internet" word :lol:. I want to watch the making-of , I'm sure he had to do a lot of takes everytime.

Delanoir, you've got my vote if you are who I think you are. "UG's Alexi Laiho" rings a bell, doesn't it?:p:.

edit: Fuck being a Canadian. I wanted to enter this guitar competition too. LOL.

Haha, go UG!

Much thanks. :D

And that sucks about Canada being excluded.

:lol: I just read and watched the video. At least he learnt a new "internet" word :lol:. I want to watch the making-of , I'm sure he had to do a lot of takes everytime.

I would imagine it went something like this...

"Don’t worry if the judges don’t pick you, because the uploaded videos will also be voted on by the other users through the.... what the f*ck is a.. wid... weej... wija... f*ck this motherf*ckin sh*t."

It's sad that european band got so americanized. They now even have US only contests :rolleyes:. And did anybody else notice that they play more concerts in Usa than in Europe too?

Uh... no?

Do you even understand how contests, and business in general, works?

CoB is only the face of the contest. It's sponsored by Hot Topic, Marshall, and ESP. Which all have predominant markets in America. It also coincides with their current North American Tour (their first headlining US tour since AYDY), which also happens to be sponsored by the same companies.

And as for playing more concerts in the USA, that's simply not even true. They've only been in America twice recently. Once as a part of Gigantour, and just now with their new tour. Compare that to only a few of the following major concerts and tours in Europe...

Wacken
Sauna Open Air
The tour with Slipknot and Machine Head
Rockperry
Download
Ireland and Scotland

Not to mention that they just toured Japan and Australia.

Grow up, and get your facts right instead of whining and making baseless claims.

EDIT: Besides, even if they did play more shows in North America, which they don't, how does that make them "Americanized"? Has it ever occurred to you that maybe it might simply be more enjoyable to tour a larger country that you aren't as familiar with?

And as for playing more concerts in the USA, that's simply not even true. They've only been in America twice recently. Once as a part of Gigantour, and just now with their new tour. Compare that to only a few of the following major concerts and tours in Europe...

Quickly counted from SOB (sorry if missed something..)

2006:
North America: 69
Europe: 58

2007:
NA: 0
Europe: 8

2008 so far:
NA: 32
Europe: 8 (excluding metal hammer awards)

2008 announced:
NA: 25
Europe: 14

Even if those numbers are accurate, you have to understand a major difference between North America and Europe.

The US alone is quite large, with a lot of ground to cover. With Europe, you don't have to do as many shows, because everything is much closer together, and more people are able to go to one show. When touring in the States, you have to do more shows in order to reach as many people.

Example, huge concerts like Wacken, or even Download. There's nothing like that for metal in the US.

EDIT: Not to mention, most of those dates played in 2008 (so far) were Gigantour shows, where Bodom only had about 30 minutes to play. Compare that to much, much longer sets in Europe.

I just gave your numbers no need to go defensive.... I'm educated person I understand lot of difference between North America and Europe. Just saying that there is nothing wrong hoping Europeans would get some more attention. But I'm not envying your widget you can keep that.

I just gave your numbers no need to go defensive.... I'm educated person I understand lot of difference between North America and Europe. Just saying that there is nothing wrong hoping Europeans would get some more attention. But I'm not envying your widget you can keep that.

I didn't mean to sound defensive, I'm just tired of people of making claims like Nazgul did about CoB becoming "americanized." Which are largely unsubstantiated.

I'm Finnish myself, but currently live in the US. And after spending a lot of time here, I have learned a lot about the differences between the cultures of Europe and the States, and now find a lot of such arguments (which go both ways) to be quite immature and annoying.

And as fun as this contest is, I know the prizes aren't that great. It's probably the LTD Alexi, which is a pretty good guitar, but nothing amazing. And the Marshall MGDFX is a horrible amp.

The only real prize is getting to meet and jam with Bodom, the idea of which is honestly quite intimidating (at least to me).