Guitar Tone Competition 2

Great stuff.

If you don't mind sharing Greg, what chain were the DIs done through?

Me->Dunlop .73mm Yellow Tortex->D'Addario Jazz strings (with the wound G (<33) tuned to C->Dean Vendetta 3 (neck-through) with Seymour Duncan Dave Mustaine Livewires->Monster 500 guitar cable->Countryman Type 85 DI->RME Fireface 800 pre.

I agree. I want to do a test soon of recording a song and switching off different guitarists for different riffs and seeing if you guys can pick out which one is which!

It's an open poll where you get the clips but don't know who did which tone, just like last time.

This. Most votes wins/moves on to next round. Clips will be labelled A, B, etc. so you better be 113% sure if you get a bunch of people to vote on what you think is your clip. I imagine some will be pretty similar. Not that I want you to get a bunch of people to vote for you just because they're friends...this is anonymous in an attempt to prevent that.

Thanks for the sticky Lasse :headbang:

Great DI sound quality. Tell me something Lolzgreg, the Seymour Duncan Dave Mustaine Livewires are active pickups?

Great DI sound quality. Tell me something Lolzgreg, the Seymour Duncan Dave Mustaine Livewires are active pickups?

Yes, they're actives. A friend of mine those these pickups, it shocks me that seemingly hardly anyone uses them, because they are some of the best pickups for 6 string guitars money can buy IMO.

my money is on TheDude

:OMG:
beerbuddies.gif

Im in, but I know i havent a chance in hell of winning lol.

So are pics of the chains going to be posted?