Guitar Tone Competition IV: Sign Up

I have to ask. Can we get a clip of the backing tracks. I know that quality has lacked in the previous competitions, which made the mixing really difficult like, guitars sounding like they had too much low mids when it was actually the bass (which we couldn't do anything about because of the rules) muddying up the whole damn thing. I think though that we voted to allow us to process the bass separately but it would be nice to hear what the drums will sound like. I know I am sounding picky but last competition I bailed for that reason and the fact that I was busy with school and having gear/technical difficulties and so I wasn't able to record. I would like to join but I would rather not if the supplied tracks are..."lackluster".

I have to ask. Can we get a clip of the backing tracks. I know that quality has lacked in the previous competitions, which made the mixing really difficult like, guitars sounding like they had too much low mids when it was actually the bass (which we couldn't do anything about because of the rules) muddying up the whole damn thing. I think though that we voted to allow us to process the bass separately but it would be nice to hear what the drums will sound like. I know I am sounding picky but last competition I bailed for that reason and the fact that I was busy with school and having gear/technical difficulties and so I wasn't able to record. I would like to join but I would rather not if the supplied tracks are..."lackluster".

Well, nobody forces you to compete. If you want to bail out because you think Ermz doesn't know how to mix good sounding drums, the other guys have ~1% bigger chance of winning if there is one less competitor :D In other words: the backing tracks aka drums are not mixed yet. The general midi version was posted earlier in the thread. I can PM you the demo version of the final drum performance that I programmed, but the drum sounds in it are not final.

Now you made it sound like I was being a complete dick man. I was just saying that last time around I had little time/gear issues and the when I got around to getting setup for the comp I was uninspired. I still want to join in on this round because I haven't participated since the first comp, I was just hoping that the backing tracks weren't as bad as say Comp I & II.

I was just being a bit cynical because I have heard much better mixes form the guys that have done the previous competitions backing tracks and it seemed like they where half assed.