Guitar tone competition, win a SSD 3.0 copy here

Yeah I tried it and couldn't get past the drums....
And I actually had mentioned that about the DI tracks, sounds like they were made using a POD or something.
I posted one file and I'm not going to bother dicking with it any longer...

bad di´s, very bad riff imo, not so good drums and no bassguitar at all :) wish they made a better competition when theres a good price in it

Hey, don't request votes dude, that's not right. Especially when there are some other entries from this forum as well. :loco:

Play fair.

I have to say yours is probably the best on there.... There was another one I listened to, from someone on these forums, that was killer also... Really got those crappy DI tracks to sound good.

Congrats Lolzgreg! :) Just got the newsletter:

Newsletter said:
Metal Guitar Wars Winner!
After an exhaustive 30 day onslaught of that same riff, we've finally arrived at a winner. No suprise, Lolgreg, is our guy. He'll be taking home the Steven Slate Platinum 3.0 drum samples!

The cocky jerk even said he'd win in when he posted the song. I REALLY wanted him to lose. ha ha I thought metalheads were supposed to be nice and polite!

EDIT: I suppose the last sentence is some sort of friendly humour, though? That seemed a bit over-the-top to me :D

Congrats Lolzgreg! :) Just got the newsletter:

"Metal Guitar Wars Winner!
After an exhaustive 30 day onslaught of that same riff, we've finally arrived at a winner. No suprise, Lolgreg, is our guy. He'll be taking home the Steven Slate Platinum 3.0 drum samples!

The cocky jerk even said he'd win in when he posted the song. I REALLY wanted him to lose. ha ha I thought metalheads were supposed to be nice and polite!"

EDIT: I suppose the last sentence is some sort of friendly humour, though? That seemed a bit over-the-top to me :D

The comment "I think this entry will be taking the cake (or the Slate in this case) ;) )" was meant as humor in the first place; a lot of people were making silly comments about their entries. I jumped on the bandwagon. I think the fact that in my title was "Br00tal" won me the contest :rolleyes:

I can say that I've won two out of two guitar tone contests, one here and one there. I didn't think I was going to win the recordingreview.com one, especially cause people didn't want me to win it (like you, aha).