Guitarists: Prepare to be disheartened

WO WOW WOW WOW...........man that is some shredding right there......wow....someone called home a "FAT MIDGET"...that was funny....but that kid can outplay anyone I know....even say HAMMETT or other metla gitarist.....aewosme.....much respeK to him.......yeah i hope he staysd metal...and at times ventures into the BLUEs...coz thats where soul is.........PEAC EOUT

''everyone assumes that this kid can only recite notes just from watching this video. obviously he wont have a complete emotional grasp or outlet being only 8 years old, but if hes already got the skill down, im sure he could spend the rest of his life playing whatever he wants to. i say good for him, and the last thing i am is disheartened....id never care to play that kind of thing really anyway.''

Sure we know hes skilled, but when he grows up his mind will be pretty fixated on what he has been trained to do, its like opeth for example use chords that most people think, hey that sounds shit(they make it sound great though) that kid would never to think of using chords like that, he would only keep to his crappy scales and use what notes sound right straightaway, not the notes that will leave you wondering when the riff has ended, i guarenttee when he is older he will make predictable( but skillful ,oh yes skillful) music. or even be a session musician.

he's 8. anything could happen. later on we'll find out if he's musical. but a lot of metal for instance, even good metal, isn't about being musical. and he rips, so that's cool!

@Pseud0: Yeah, that's Dev from the DVD, the crazy fucker. =P I was hoping he'd break out a hat like that when I saw SYL a couple of weeks ago, but no such luck. He did get right in this one guy's face who was in the very front, and lean in really close with a dazed look on his face, and kiss the air right in front of him. Then he ran to the other end of the stage. It was pretty fucking funny. \m/

Man, you fucking haters! Yes it is mildly redundant, but not inspiring? This is like a fucking mini Leff Loomis. I'm sure he grasps what he is playing. Most people can't play like that. That little fucker put some time and dedication into his playing. It was very clean, no slop, sure he slipped a couple times but look what he's playing. I'd like to shake that young mans hand. Rock on lil' dude!

That kid can play fast sure, but every time he played something at a mild/slow tempo it sounded so stupid. Most of the stuff he was playing sounding like exercises out of some guitar book. Impressive for his age? Yes, but it really doesnt make me go "Oh my god that kid rulez!1, i wish i could play like that." As for when he older, i bet anything he will quite guitar because from the video he looked like he wasnt enjoying himself and his parent probably forced the guitar on him. He will probably join some punk band or some crap.

I know i could play everything that kid was doing because i already learned it in my Metal Method guitar books. /laf

eeeeerm...it makes me wanno go "damn, I wish I could play like that." It's an awesome basis to start from. FOR FUCK'S SAKE, HE'S 8, YOU MORONS!!! EIGHT!! If I would've been able to play like that at eight, by now I would've owned fucking Romero. Jeez, that kids SKILLS are awesome. Although hammer-on and offs are still kinda gay...

I don't care if he lacks emotion, feel, or whatever. You have to realize, that he's fucking EIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! not 12...8 years old. The skill and speed is impressive. Hopefully he won't be seduced by the darkside ..

Malmsteen can play what ever he wants, for sure, but he's a damn terrible song writer. He lacks creative integrity, and he unneccesarily wanks in his own compositions.

Michael Romeo is the same, although I'm really sure he's more technically advanced...