hahaha i'm in the news

here's a bonus pic of me with an ak. i am wearing the belt in this picture.

n31600147_30399888_2493.jpg

sending that to cnn.

Haha, so you were just mentioned on our local news here in utah. And they showed the belt, and then quoted you as saying "Thinking about it now, it was the wrong thing to do". :D

Your name was not mentioned. The mormons do not yet know of your existence.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/441/story/42161.html

hahaha they actually pulled me out of class to come talk with the dean of students...they weren't that pissed actually, just relieved i wasn't korean. also the article is wrong, i wasn't arrested, the police didn't even talk to me.

this post-VT hypersensitivity is irritating though. i wore that belt on campus for TWO YEARS without complaint and now they decide to freak out about it. there are gonna be some columbine-style effects for college campuses in the next few years, you can be sure...

That was you?! No shit? I heard about it on the news yesterday and thought it was probably some typical PDX punk rocker on the campus. Funny.

A few years ago I was wearing a bulletbelt while walking to the Belmont Station and some supposed Vietnam vet completely freaked out on me about it. Needless to say he didn't get any change from me...

JH

And they showed the belt, and then quoted you as saying "Thinking about it now, it was the wrong thing to do". :D

wtf i never said anything to anybody about it...should sue their asses :p

no mention in any article of the fact i've worn it on the campus for two years without incident

this a perfect first hand example of how the media spins meaningless events into headline news and completely misleads the public.

While I agree for the most part, most news outlets do rely on witness to get their information - more often than not that information is embellished or obtained from second hand sources who don't have all the facts.

Still, I don't disagree. :kickass: