Hair metal

sufferer

Feb 18, 2002
St. Petersburg, FL
Ok I've been on kind of a listening binge lately as I am working on my back linea making home improvements so have broken out some old cassettes I haven't played in years. Wow I forgot how GREAT some of these hair bands were, anyone listen to Danger Danger back in the day? OMG I love that shit! Then the Dangerous Toys tape hit, man so awesome! I'm 37 so I guess none of us here have to worry about showing our ages! Anyway...as fellow music fans Winger has made a comeback and from what I heard and read the album is EPIC, I've been a fan from the beginning but fellas listen to this shit!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp57jqoKJ7E

Dual guitar harmonies and Kip is a SICK vocalist! Great everything I'm proud of these guys after becoming a joke due to Metallica and Mike Judge I'm glad they came back with a great piece of work. Something Lars has yet to do lol!:headbang:

Not bad! Looking forward to the new Tesla disc. I wish Cinderella would put out a new cd at some point.

As far as live "hair bands" go, Y&T still deliver. Just saw them a couple of weeks ago and they sounded great!

Holy shit! I was just about to say the same thing. Every time I go to the bar lately it's been mostly what I put on the jukebox. Ratt, Dokken, Skid Row, Motley Crue, Scorpions. I love all the good shit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not hair metal but some other classics I've been enjoying. I've had Zombie Eaters and Underwater Love stuck in my head all fucking week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't listen to much of that stuff these days (back in the day loved Crue, Warrant, LA Guns etc), but I did rediscover an old chestnut in my collection a couple of weeks ago - Bang Tango.

They had a really cool record called Dancing on Coals. Really great musicians..... they never really made it to the status of big league but this record was (and still is!!) pretty damn cool.

Also agree with Mikey..... looking forward to new Tesla (although I reckon it's probably unfair to put these guys into the "hair metal" category!!!). Their first 3 records for me are absolute killer.

I listened to Ratt, Kix, Krokus, Helix, Rough Cutt & some of that other stuff back in the day. Good stuff. I really don't think a lot of it aged very well though.....

I used to listen to some hair metal bands. I still enjoy tracks like Fallen Angel by Poison and many others. Alice In Chains is my favorite hair metal band :lol: :lol:

I loved it back in the day,poison were probably the biggest as I missed the motley crue fad,might a been my age,white snake,shy England,warrant,love/hate and of course Cinderella!

I'm a huge long time Stryper fan. Their lastest album is superb. I know most people can't get past the whole Christianity thing but this album is freaking awesome - their best since To Hell with the Devil.

I'm a life long Guns N' Roses fan, and there was a time (pun intended) when I thought there must be some good hard rock bands from the same era...no, I hated them all.*

*Classic bands like Alice Cooper and Aerosmith don't count.

Whenever I think "hair metal" I never think of GNR. I can see why some might, but to me, they were always one (big) step better removed from that genre, even though they were born from the same place and time. Great band from 86-92ish.

I have been listening to a lot of Aerosmith's Pump record lately.

Such an awesome release then, and it still sounds awesome!!!!!

Yeah the new Winger is really good, I've had it on regular rotation on Spotify since it was released. Reb Beach is just so underated.

Same goes with Stryper, incredible players.

Personally I really like Ratt. Shhhhhh!!!!!!

white snake

Whitesnake unfairly gets lumped into that hair metal era imo. They were putting out quality blues inspired hard rock long before the slick MTV videos and they’ve gone back to that sound with their recent releases.

I have been listening to a lot of Aerosmith's Pump record lately.

Such an awesome release then, and it still sounds awesome!!!!!

Prob was of the best rock albums ever,I was heavily into that album,also def leppard were outstanding,hysteria was on rotation a lot whenever that album came out;)

Whitesnake are one of the best bands I have ever seen,top 5 easily,I don't class them hair metal think there music was way to good for that tag,more thinking that era

Not bad! Looking forward to the new Tesla disc. I wish Cinderella would put out a new cd at some point.

As far as live "hair bands" go, Y&T still deliver. Just saw them a couple of weeks ago and they sounded great!

Have u got tom keifer solo album?,that's the way life goes,outstanding record it has all the traites of Cinderella,Classic blues rock and amazing ballads:headbang: