Angels Don't Kill
Halo of Blood
Silent Night, Bodom Night
Hate Me
In Your Face
Blooddrunk
Downfall
Hate Crew Deathroll
Understandable setlist for a festival where you always play the more popular songs to gain fans. I do hope that for the club tour they add some surprises.
And hopefully videos show up soon because I'm curious how they pull of Transference as opener. It doesn't seem like a great show opener to me but the intro might change that.

Understandable setlist for a festival where you always play the more popular songs to gain fans. I do hope that for the club tour they add some surprises.
And hopefully videos show up soon because I'm curious how they pull of Transference as opener. It doesn't seem like a great show opener to me but the intro might change that.

I agree! ;)

I think the Sauna setlist today was:

Transference
Needled
Living Dead Beat
Shovel Knockout
Bodom After Midnight
Silent Night
Hate Me
Angels Don't Kill
Halo of Blood
In Your Face
Blooddrunk
Downfall
Hate Crew Deathroll

The cool thing was the new Halo of Blood wintery artwork at the stage. The way the steam generators spewed what seemed like mist at the lake, and the blue and purple lights coming on... it was insane, super cool and exciting artistic theme again! And the way the sky was cloudless, blue, with bright sunshine, created a very weird contrast.

They didn't play the intro of Transference, which was a shame... maybe it doesn't work live? It was a shame about Halo of Blood the melody notes of the black metal riff were impossible to separate so it sounded a little messy, but it was a really exciting live song. I think the songs Scream for Silence, Bodom Blue Moon and All Twisted deserve a live shot.

Just wait till you see the new stage, it's fucking sick. The wintery lake with the Reaper, the mist with the blue and purple lights. The Reaper and the forest are set different from the actual CD artwork, you'll see if you look carefully. We need a live DVD of this stuff. The horror samples are amazing as well. What I would hope for the setlist if they use the same one as now, but with three more songs to make the complete 16 song set... is to include Warheart, Children Of Decadence and a third song off Halo of Blood... there's many good tracks they could use from that album.

I think the Sauna setlist today was:

Transference
Needled
Living Dead Beat
Shovel Knockout
Bodom After Midnight
Silent Night
Hate Me
Angels Don't Kill
Halo of Blood
In Your Face
Blooddrunk
Downfall
Hate Crew Deathroll

I think that's it, except they played Everytime I Die as well. I agree the artwork looked very cool, kind of nice contrast with the weather as well. I had very good time and I think it was a good show.

Oh yes, ETID, how could I forget that...

Everything sounded good and seemed different with the artwork theme. It really makes an impact on how we perceive music.

I think Janne should play the beginning of his ETID solo the emotional way like on the album. I always thought the weird thing they do live with that solo part is the last place for an unnecessary improvisation or humorous twist, which it is really. It's the couple of notes on the keyboard solo, which are played as a long note on the album with a minimal carefully thought-out pitch bend, but live it's done tapping the key for short notes, I think they do it like this always when live. The long notes would give it a more emotional, sad and balladic feel.

Otherwise it's great they use a prominent cold keyboard atmosphere for the new album. Other keyboard-related stuff I realized was the Downfall orchestral hits were louder than ever before, and the strings on HCDR seemed to be straight out of the new album sound patches, a cold sound... Some background keys were more audible on the song HoB, which was interesting.

I hope they will do proper shows with more HOB stuff on the tour. This album is good enough to build a setlist around it, I would surely be happy with 6-7 songs from it. It is Halo of Blood tour after all. And these songs are killers.

Wonder why Alexi started laughing in the middle of one of the Blooddrunk verses. I guess somebody in the crowd just looked stupid.

Sauna to Sweat :p Damn language
http://www.emp.fi/blog/musiikki/liv...09062013-emp-blogi_saunassa_pitaakin_hikoilla

trio3.jpg