happiness

miranda B said:
:OMG: you make everything sound so easy. i wonder if you always that positive.

please stop thinking about all those difficult words you have to use.
and break the circle of not making any sence

You know the answer already... ;) Yes, most of the time... because time is now!!! :)

i guess i should just stop to prove myself against any expectations from others or from myself. that would actually make things much easier and pleasant. if i just could do that...

Frodnat said:
Don´t think too much about it... The process of thinking is followed by passivity which is followed by the process of too much thinking, which leads to emotional instability, which leads to the process of thinking to much...

Break the circle do something... easy isn´t it?

I fully agree. Whenever I have a lot to do I stop thinking how unreal life is, and at the end of the day I feel much better than at the end of a day when I sit in front of the pc and just spend my time online.

But breaking the circle is the hardest thing in life. I think that's why people are basically unhappy, cause they always feel the frustration coming from NOT breaking that fucking circle.

Sometimes I also think I might be happier if I wasn't a contemplating kind, or if I didn't have high moral standards (in certain things, of course). That might make the enjoyment of life easier (though I'm not sure about the consequences, maybe moral integrity is important, after all).

Other times I'd just like to embrace the whole world, when I'm in a philanthropist mood.

But I know that love is the first thing. Then health and money. This also sounds simple but almost impossible to achieve, to constantly feel being loved by the one you love. If he gives his little finger, I want his arm, if he gives his arm, I want his body, if I get it, I want his universe. The purpose of my life may be to eliminate this crazy impossible thing.

Oh, and self-discipline would help a lot. And sport. Which is in connection with self-discipline. And just a general -- even if forced -- positive view on things. A conscious decision not to get fucked over by any stupid boss or inattentive friend. The power to turn away from something in time when it doesn't work out the way it should. To decide what you feel is best, not what you think is best, and if the decision proves wrong, just to move on.

I remember when I came back from America, having refused a four-year scholarship, I felt so much relieved it actually made me happy. I'll never regret that decision.

Yes, selfdiscipline is very important and self-respect too... this all increases selfesteem I think which is based on stability and the ability to just be yourself...

I have no problem with that any more I think, I mean I respect myself (some say even too much, hehe), and I am able to be myself too (I mean I never feel I have to make BIG compromises in my life).

But I'm a womamamaman, that's the problem :D

Frodnat said:
Yes, selfdiscipline is very important and self-respect too... this all increases selfesteem I think which is based on stability and the ability to just be yourself...
on the other hand one should be careful not to be too narcistic... (it's not like im not anyway :p) as it really happens to often... and we don't ever know when

There is lots of room between selfrespect and narcissism... Oh, wait a minute, there is absolutely no room between these two. Because narcissism means selfdestruction for me, because narcisistic people aren´t themselves, they are just the picture they want to show to others...

Fake, you know!!!

there are many little things that can make happy... specially when u meet someone and talk for the first time or spend more time together and realise u come along so well... It doesnt happen often that I let people close in my heart (talking bout friendship now) after a short time, but when it happens it makes me so happy, cause this is so precious.... well it happened not long ago and I'm thankfull for that...

I believe human beings are dreamers, no matter your social status, ethnic group, age (a 5 years old dreams for a chocolate), a 65 year old for a young girl hehehe. We have to learn to understand ourselves and seek for whatever WE as individuals dream for, and just lay back our fears and try to enjoy life while we pursue our goals. Human beings are happier being sad, no matter how ilogical that might sound, its easier to feel bad rather to enjoy happiness.
That´s too optimistic coming from me, im such a negativer person, but i truely think that one step at a time we may achieve happiness, someone once told me happiness is a way of living, not the mood of the month.
Maybe i might start to believe it, Cheers :wave:

DragonLady1 said:
I feel happy when I meet people I really like... and specially when u meet someone and talk for the first time or spend more time together and realise u come along so well... It doesnt happen often that I let people close in my heart (talking bout friendship now) after a short time, but when it happens it makes me so happy, cause this is so precious.... well it happened not long ago and I'm thankfull for that...
True. Hope you're feeling just that way about our meeting in Munich too. Because I really do. Feeling grateful for those few but very exciting, interesting and intense hours. It's nice to turn virtual friends into real ones... :) What a shame that some of them live so far away... :(

And foodie, that's important too, I mean it, yesterday I went out for a gig and when I came back I was hungry but I didn't feel like eating so I went to bed without dinner. And fuck, what a troubled night I had :/

*having breakfast :D*