Hardest and Easiest opeth songs...Guitar-wise..!!!

waz416c

New Metal Member
Apr 19, 2005
so what are ure takes on this......for me

Hardest (yet)
Lepper Affinity

Easiest (yet)
Harvest

..............lets see waht has been ure easiest adn hardenst songs...guitar-wise......i know maybe still life has some insane guitaring...but I havent even attempted those songs yet...hahahha............PEAC EOUT

illidurit said:
leper is actually really easy

translation : WAZ u suck at guitar....!!!.....

........hahaha........I know.....i should be able to nail that song........but its the riff when he goes..."Insanity at its peak love me to my dead"....that part of teh song.....!!!....PEAC EOUT

ending credits, in my time of need. most of damnation is quite easy actually.

most difficult for me has been white cluster as well...because of the solo.

steel102 said:
most difficult for me has been white cluster as well...because of the solo.

the 2nd riff from White Cluster is awesome to play, it just feels.. awesome lol.

illidurit said:
leper is actually really easy

white cluster is probably hard because of the solo, haven't tried it yet

the solo is quite hard...I figured the rest out pretty easy..but I blow nuts at the solo.

The Moor is hard for me...I blow at fingerpicking. Still Life in general requires the most chops.

April Etheral is pretty easy all the way and really fun to play.
The drapery fall isnt very hard either.
For me the hardest yet has been The Moor...

Hardest: Godhead's Lament
Not that the riffs are too difficult to play... there's just a lot of them and there's so much going on that it took me some time to nail the whole song.

Easiest: Probably In my Time of Need or Ending Credits.

And I think Leper was the first song of theirs I learned and its one of the funnest songs to play along with. I don't think I'll ever forget how to play that song.

I really don't like to rank easy to hard that can be discouraging because it all takes practice and you can tackle about anything.

anyway I have played these on guitar thus far:........... been playing guitar for two years

wreath
master apprentice
deliverance-still working on it

I have only recently discovered Opeth like a few months ago.

The moor is pretty damn challenging. Its just so intricate and is all over the place. The best way to learn any 'tough' Opeth riff, is to literaly sit there and play the riff over and over again slowly. Lol@ Guitarists that think they can learn something and play it full speed first time. If you have difficulty playing it slow, theres no way you can play it fast.

edit: also not having distortion on for any riff at first is reasonably important.